Confirmed! BBFC Lists Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince at 153 Minutes, Given 12 A Rating in UK

HBP Film
June 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

The British Board of Film Classification has updated today with the news that indeed Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has a run time of 153 minutes and 19 seconds. The film has been given a 12A rating for those in the UK. This matches the earlier report from HPANA on the time of the film.
Thanks Will!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Testolv_thumb

God, I can’t wait!

Posted by CissyMalfoy on June 11, 2009, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

yay!!! greatgreat…..tanks for the new TLC :)

Posted by potterrock on June 11, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Hedwig2_thumb

Good news…I think this is a good length for as much as will need to be condensed to get this book on screen. I’m looking forward to seeing the midnight release with my daughter and a group of friends…granddaughter will go with us on the weekend after she returns from week with her dad.

Posted by hedwig5221 [ROAR] on June 11, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

perfect duration! I just hope they won’t screw it up like OOTP.

Posted by Matea on June 11, 2009, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Two and a half hours, love it.

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on June 11, 2009, 01:48 AM report to moderator
2zpr1ao_thumb

I’m so excited! Two and a half hours of HBP!!! I’m going to the midnight showing!!!

Posted by Dobbyrox [WBM] on June 11, 2009, 02:06 AM report to moderator

Has no one else noted the date on the link?
“Expected to open on 18/07/2009”
Isn’t it opening on the 15th here in the UK anymore?

Posted by pipkin3 on June 11, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m so happy that it’s over 2 1/2 hours long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL see this film 3 or 4 times!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 11, 2009, 02:51 AM report to moderator
001_thumb

Yess! 153 min and 19 sec of sheer pleasure!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 11, 2009, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Hbpdvd2disc_thumb

The censor board in Europe is more strict, because many movies that are PG here are 12a there. YES! 153 mins 19 secs! Almost 154 minutes!
So that means HBP will be borderline PG and light PG-13. Sweet.

Posted by DARKIRONPOTTER on June 11, 2009, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

12A! I’m so happy it’s not stepping back to PoA rating!

Posted by Juine on June 11, 2009, 03:43 AM report to moderator
Chibilupin_thumb

Cool! I had a feeling HBP was gonna be classified 12A.

Posted by moony_lupin on June 11, 2009, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

I just hope the PG rating in the U.S. has changed to PG-13 now that the film is finished being edited and polished.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on June 11, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

I personally don’t think the film boards are more strict in America.

I can’t wait for it to be released and i wonder why the ratings are different this time i mean normally Britain and America rate the films the same well the equivalent of each other at least.

Posted by Huddz on June 11, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

AWESOME happy that it’s 2h1/2

Posted by FrancescaElle on June 11, 2009, 04:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I [i]told[/i] you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of -- of scarlet woman!"[br]Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. [i]"Scarlet woman?"[/i] she repeated, shaking with suppressed giggles as she looked