Confirmed! BBFC Lists Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince at 153 Minutes, Given 12 A Rating in UK

HBP Film
June 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

The British Board of Film Classification has updated today with the news that indeed Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has a run time of 153 minutes and 19 seconds. The film has been given a 12A rating for those in the UK. This matches the earlier report from HPANA on the time of the film.
Thanks Will!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I still don’t understand why it’s PG in the US. I’m trying to decided whether to take my 10 year old. I was sure it was going to be PG-13, but that’s not what the trailers say. Very excited, though. Looks great!

Posted by hpmom74 on June 10, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

SQUEE!!! now any hbp news makes me insanely happy. ppl, we have only 35 more days! OMFG ONLY 38 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 10, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator

Oh goody…maybe Ron will actually have a speaking role in this one. I was rewatching OOTP and just realized how few speaking lines Rupert has…it’s like Ron is just in the background

Posted by blueheaven53 on June 10, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

So if Britain thinks it’s 12A…what will the USA say? Is it still PG? Interesting to see how the same content is received differently.

Posted by eiVega on June 10, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator

So it is 2 hours and 33 minutes,that’s a pretty long film.
Of course it isn’t three hours ,which some of us would LOVE
but most of the public who go see this will appreciate ….and want to see it more…if it is only the length it is.
Am glad to see it is more than two hours though.

Still wishing GOF was two films instead of just the one all rammed together one.

Posted by Jeannine on June 10, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

15 july … come come nowwww !!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on June 10, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Wow, 2 1/2 hours? I like lots of Harry Potter, but I didn’t think there would be that much to HBP.

Posted by ScottMan on June 10, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

I’m guessing that 12A is equivalent to the American rating of PG-13? If so, I wonder if the Americans will rate it the same. I hope so. It will put my mind at ease.

I’m still kinda iffy about this film. I’ll go see it, regardless, (how can I not), but I’m not getting my hopes up too high.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on June 10, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Yayyy!

Posted by Mera004 on June 10, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Well that looks like a positive thing. 2 1/2 hrs looks good, but it’s likely to include 15mins of of credits, so I’m more pleased about the rating.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on June 10, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

2 hrs and 1/2 ? Just that? I want more!! Give me 10 hours of Harry Potter!!

Posted by Tamyris on June 10, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

i knew it would be a 12A.
i just hope there aren’t alot of kids in when i go. If there is i hope they stay quiet so i can listen to the film!!!
can’t wait ahhhhh
ooo and 153mins thats like the second longest film of the series ooo yeah

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on June 10, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Dscf3969_background_thumb

aaarghh! so glad they brought it forward a couple of days to the 15th!! cannnnot wait!!!

Posted by AishMeist on June 10, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
51gc04es2jl_thumb

Yes im so excited, none of the other films were this long when i thought that they should have been. So much good footage is going to be in this film, I can’t wait!!

Posted by cesca !ROAR! gold&yellow on June 10, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Hell yeahhhhh :) !

Posted by Christine on June 10, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Our short-term aims... are to secure house-elves fair wages and working conditions. Our long-term aims include changing the law about non-wand use, and trying to get an elf into the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because