Confirmed! BBFC Lists Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince at 153 Minutes, Given 12 A Rating in UK

HBP Film
June 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

The British Board of Film Classification has updated today with the news that indeed Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has a run time of 153 minutes and 19 seconds. The film has been given a 12A rating for those in the UK. This matches the earlier report from HPANA on the time of the film.
Thanks Will!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Great!

Im so excited for this film, cuz James and Oliver Phelphs are coming to Sweden!!! Yeaaay!! This is like, major for me.

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on June 10, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator

YAY! :)

Posted by Mairéad on June 10, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

2 1/2 hours of HBP :)
squee I’m excited for this movie … but, at the same time kind of nervous about seeing the ending :s

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 10, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

yay!!

Posted by rebel on June 10, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator

I’m excited and yet devastated. I have been planning my trip to Phoenix. AZ for weeks now because it has the closest IMAX, and alas, IMAX release is pushed back..

P.S. Phoenix is a 6hr drive from home….

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on June 10, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

37 more days!!!!!!!! O I can not wait:D:D

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on June 10, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

Cool! So what is a 12A rating? Like PG-13?

Posted by NightSky on June 10, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Alanrickman_copy_thumb

Yep thats equivalent to PG 13

Posted by Professor Alan Rickman on June 10, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Avatar_51a1b6f4c5ca_128_thumb

I bet I’m gonna have to cover my mouth to keep myself from squealing every two seconds. Guh, I can’t wait for this movie!! :D

Posted by WickedxDreamer on June 10, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Yay! Do you think it is coming out on the 15th in the UK too?

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 10, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator

woo! longer than OOTP woo! i’m over 12 woo!

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on June 10, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Yay! Good news, and it looks like they are including so many things in the movie. Can’t wait.

Posted by Eeyore on June 10, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Jneville_thumb

2 h and 1/2, cooooool! I’m so excited…

Posted by thallo on June 10, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Well, that makes sense to me, a Brit. I mean, the films/books are getting darker and a few of those scenes will be scary for younger fans (ie – the Inferi and Katie Bell). But still, will be AWESOME!!!

Posted by PewterWolf on June 10, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Awesome! A good lonf story.
I’m taking the whole day off and going to the first showing at 12:01 AM.

Posted by Hydrus on June 10, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"THERE IS NO HARRY POTTER HERE!" he roared, now holding the receiver at arm's length, as though frightened it might explode. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT SCHOOL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! DON'T YOU COME NEAR MY FAMILY!"