Official! LEGO Harry Potter Video Game Years One through Four Coming in 2010!

Video Games
June 01, 2009, 09:41 AM

Great news for this video game fans this first day of June: Warner Bros officially announces the arrival of a LEGO Harry Potter game due in 2010. Check out this adorable new trailer for the videogame here! The press release reads as follows:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are teaming up with the LEGO Group, to merge two of the world’s most popular brands with the creation of LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies that tell the story of Harry’s first four years at Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 offers an engaging mix of magical gameplay and light-hearted humor. LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and is scheduled for release in 2010.

LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 will give gamers the chance to experience the magic and adventure of Harry Potter in a uniquely LEGO way. Playing as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley™ and Hermione Granger™, as well as other favorite characters, gamers will have the opportunity to attend lessons, cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to earn house points. Throughout the game, players will also have the freedom to explore iconic settings from the wizarding world including Hogwarts castle, Diagon Alley™, the Forbidden Forest and the village of Hogsmeade™!

“With LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 we are creating an open, wide-ranging experience within Hogwarts that is full of fun and LEGO magic,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “Harry Potter is one of the most beloved and well-respected characters, and we look forward to bringing gamers a new way of interacting in the universe with the LEGO games’ great humor and exploration.”

Harry Potter is one of the world’s most popular and inspirational heroes, and LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 will appeal to a generation of gamers who grew up immersed in the Harry Potter books and films, and also loved playing with LEGO toys,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The game is geared for players to experience a good mix of puzzle solving gameplay with exploration and battle in some of the most beloved Harry Potter environments, plus a few other surprises.”

“We’re excited to announce this gaming experience based on the amazing Harry Potter universe,” said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Vice President, New Business Development, the LEGO Group. “LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is built around the same values of family-friendly creative game play that are present in other LEGO videogames, while delivering new elements of exploration and depth that we believe will engage children in imaginative play both virtually and physically.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Me_thumb

I dont want to wait until next year!!!!! LOL

Posted by michaelabraham on June 02, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

I just got really excited, everyone around me is puzzled.

Posted by The Whomping Willow on June 02, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

soooooooooo Haaappyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Posted by carebie on June 02, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
My_patronus_thumb

I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS!!! Do you think there will be trophy support for this game?

Posted by CharlieWeasley1994 on June 02, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Bindi_thumb

WOO Love LEGO – but then again, I came from the town where it was created so have been surrounded by LEGO lunchboxes in all my school years, and you can’t help being infected by that

Posted by kullerminuller on June 02, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Img_1686_thumb

WOW I am so excited for this!

Posted by dumblydorr729 [ROAR] on June 02, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Emileesaurus_thumb

That looks so adorable! I absolutely cannot wait!

Posted by Beansie on June 02, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I think I had a mini heart attack. This is the best news I have heard all day. I actually squeaked. Squeaked! Like a chew toy! I think I am still quaking a bit. The thing is, I have rarely bought video games because they are so pricey. I might shell out for this, so long as it is for the 360. Long live Harry Potter! Long live Lego games!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on June 03, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Yay! Cool beans!

Posted by maera-kyrie on June 04, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

AWESUM!!! SQUEE!!!

Small_thumb

quite odd that it’s covering 1-4

Posted by grednforge7 on June 04, 2009, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Wow, what great news!!! Yet another game to put on my list. Maybe this means there will be 2 HP Lego games? Cool! :-D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 04, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Tomemma5-_comm_lovesdelight_thumb

I’ve never played any of the HP games (I’m not much of a gamer in general), but the trailer for this is so cute! I’m totally gonna get this when it comes out :D. Lego!Baby Harry was waaay too cute, hehehe.

Posted by icystormz on June 05, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Avianeddy_thumb

The LEGO series of video games are a lot of fun. I just hope they include ALL the settings from the books– not just the movies.

Posted by AvianEddy on June 05, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

aww this is indeed very adorable. i hope it comes out for ps3 or for mac.
i would be a very angry fan if they made this only for one console!
very excited for it though =]

Posted by kingdom on June 10, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator

The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive... The only person left outdoors was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flower bed outside number four.