Official! LEGO Harry Potter Video Game Years One through Four Coming in 2010!

Video Games
June 01, 2009, 09:41 AM

Great news for this video game fans this first day of June: Warner Bros officially announces the arrival of a LEGO Harry Potter game due in 2010. Check out this adorable new trailer for the videogame here! The press release reads as follows:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are teaming up with the LEGO Group, to merge two of the world’s most popular brands with the creation of LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies that tell the story of Harry’s first four years at Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 offers an engaging mix of magical gameplay and light-hearted humor. LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and is scheduled for release in 2010.

LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 will give gamers the chance to experience the magic and adventure of Harry Potter in a uniquely LEGO way. Playing as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley™ and Hermione Granger™, as well as other favorite characters, gamers will have the opportunity to attend lessons, cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to earn house points. Throughout the game, players will also have the freedom to explore iconic settings from the wizarding world including Hogwarts castle, Diagon Alley™, the Forbidden Forest and the village of Hogsmeade™!

“With LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 we are creating an open, wide-ranging experience within Hogwarts that is full of fun and LEGO magic,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “Harry Potter is one of the most beloved and well-respected characters, and we look forward to bringing gamers a new way of interacting in the universe with the LEGO games’ great humor and exploration.”

Harry Potter is one of the world’s most popular and inspirational heroes, and LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 will appeal to a generation of gamers who grew up immersed in the Harry Potter books and films, and also loved playing with LEGO toys,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The game is geared for players to experience a good mix of puzzle solving gameplay with exploration and battle in some of the most beloved Harry Potter environments, plus a few other surprises.”

“We’re excited to announce this gaming experience based on the amazing Harry Potter universe,” said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Vice President, New Business Development, the LEGO Group. “LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is built around the same values of family-friendly creative game play that are present in other LEGO videogames, while delivering new elements of exploration and depth that we believe will engage children in imaginative play both virtually and physically.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Img000029_thumb

Gah, I actually can’t wait!!! I’m so excited!! :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on June 02, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait for this one! LEGOS are so much fun!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 02, 2009, 03:42 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

This is going to be AWESOME!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 02, 2009, 03:55 AM report to moderator
Cimg2812_thumb

Zomg! head explode I can’t wait!

Posted by ericaeeks on June 02, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

cool

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 02, 2009, 04:11 AM report to moderator
Snape_thumb

I’ve gone and died and arrived in Potter heaven! I have wanted this game for the longest time. I seriously can’t wait. I need it right now. Please.

Posted by Gorsewaygirl on June 02, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator
Prof_thumb

I am so excited for this! I love the Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones games!

Posted by griffinclaw019 on June 02, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

SQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. OMG I used to love playing with my complete lego Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban set (until my mum destroyed it!!) and now we’re getting this!!! This totally will make up for the non-enjoyable GoF game. maybe the 4th year will be a much better version of gof for ps2!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 02, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator

I read this post hours ago and there’s still a big grin plastered on my face. I have every Lego game (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman), and I’ve been yearning for this game for years.

Curious to see how Potter fans react to it, especially those who never played any of the previous games. The tone is distinctly more light-hearted and jokey, and I wonder how people’ll react when they deal with Cedric, Sirius, etc.

Can’t wait! If you haven’t played a Lego game you don’t know what you’re missing!

Oh, it says “Next-Gen systems”… So if you’re hoping for a PS2 version you’re probably out of luck. Get a Wii, a 360, or a PS3 between now and 2010 and you’ll be fine. ;)

Posted by KanedaX on June 02, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Icongeneration_thumb

I knew it was coming soon!!
And THANK GOD!! I was kinda getting worried!!
The video was adorible!!
Thank you so much for the update Sue!!

Posted by ♥Andera {Longbottom}♥ on June 02, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Tree_in_albania_thumb

I just cried tears of awesome.
I think I may have to buy a gaing system just to play this.

Posted by Tabitha_potter on June 02, 2009, 07:15 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hufflepuff0184_thumb
1980 Points

I LOVE the Lego games! And I know all the others have TONS of unlockable characters, so we may well see the bulk of the cast as playable characters. Lego Madame Maxime!

Posted by missingmarauder22 *UWS* on June 02, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

That was so AWESOME!!! I can’t wait to buy this as soon as it’s available!

Posted by cryospear on June 02, 2009, 08:33 AM report to moderator

This is so cool and squeefull. I love the lego games and to have them bring out a Potter one is just awesome.

Posted by Tiger Lily on June 02, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator