Video of New Half-Blood Prince Commercial Now Online

HBP Film
May 09, 2009, 02:47 PM

Thanks to TLC reader Honourary Weasley who sent us the detailed description below, we can now see the video of the commercial here via our galleries, or here via Honourary Weasley's Youtube channel. Enjoy!

Thanks ever so much to Honourary Weasley for catching this for us all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Is22581022_thumb

@ Mr. Brightside
Sorry, but you’re just crazy.
JUST YES!

Posted by YodatheHobbit on May 09, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

of course, I am in love with Ron’s smile

Posted by boona on May 09, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

wow that flew by so fast! i have to watch it again. :)

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on May 09, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Cool

Posted by Jersey on May 09, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator

That was very squeeful. VERY SQUEEFUL!

Posted by Lisee_Lu on May 09, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

I’ve watched it several times now, and tried to like it, but can’t. It came across too cutesy and cheesy. Maybe it will be less awkward when it’s in the film, and in context? I hope so. Won’t be looking forward to seeing this particular TV spot in the coming weeks…

Posted by VeganMudblood on May 09, 2009, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

What the heck? I’m more than a little disappointed. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but if people only saw this and none of the other amazing trailers, then they would think the movie is only about romance. This movie has a dark side as well, and they didn’t even show a little clip of it. . . .

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on May 10, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator

I like the Hermione/Lav/Ron triangle… but Harry hitting on the waitress while reading the Daily Prophet is out-of-character and just weird. I know the gang is getting older and they’re trying to show that, but Harry wouldn’t do that.

Posted by harrywillnotdie on May 10, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hated it … Too romance filled they’re almost focusing on it while it’s only
Supposed to be a sub-plot.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 10, 2009, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Raven_thumb

I think that was great!! Well, excluding the part were Hermione smacks him on the head for the millionth time, it fascinated me!
Oh! And I bet the soundtrack is going to be one of the best. I loved Prisoner o Azkaban’s soundtrack, so I’m expecting to listen to something good on HBP as well.

Posted by Winter_Sonata on May 10, 2009, 03:07 AM report to moderator

I like the romance stuff, so I found this tv spot entertaining. The only thing I didn’t like was the waitress bit, that seemed out of character for Harry.

Posted by rosalie on May 10, 2009, 03:50 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I couldn’t hear any of the sound but otherwise, cool! I want to see everything.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on May 10, 2009, 03:57 AM report to moderator

I thought it was pretty good :) i kinda didnt want to watch it cos i feel the hospital was one of the scenes we hadnt seen much of and i wanted to be suprised, but i was pretty happy with it :) lavender was funny, happy with the choice of her :)

Posted by Tegaaan on May 10, 2009, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Harry flirting?? thats not so Harry-ish..Anyway, they are not actually showing much of Half Blood Prince’s book.But by the look of the commercial the move look cool

Posted by vandy[FTC] on May 10, 2009, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

For the people complaining about this TV spot being “all about romance”, two points.

1. It’s a single TV spot focusing on one part of the movie, it’s not supposed to be representative of the entire movie, just one part of the story, just like one of the early trailers focused on only the young Voldemort storyline.

2. This TV spot played on the CW, a TV network aimed at the younger audience, particularly airing shows that younger females watch. This spot was perfectly aimed at an audience that would be interested in the romantic side of the story. It’s called target marketing.

As for Harry flirting – this will take up less than a minute of the movie – stop stressing over this one little tiny thing, it’s not a major part of the film!

Posted by mouse68 on May 10, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator

"You didn't hear anything I care about, Potter. But while I've got you here..."[br]And he stamped, hard, on Harry's face. Harry felt his nose break; blood spurted everywhere.[br]"That's from my father."