Detailed Description of New TV Commercial for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
May 09, 2009, 07:06 AM

As we noted previously, the television spots for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have begun airing, the first one broadcast last night on the CW channel. Many thanks to TLC reader Honourary Weasley, who sent us  a detailed list of what is contained in the commercial; anyone with video please send it in to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org. Honourary Weasley writes new new TV spot has:

- Shot of Hermione/Harry at the top of the tower
- Shot of crowded school hallway and McGonagall
- Ron and Harry standing at the side of the hallway in their school robes, laughing
- Shot of the speeding tube
- Harry in the coffee shop/diner. Reading the Daily Prophet. Headlines include "Bridge Collapse: Death Toll Rises", "Harry Potter, The Chosen One?", and "______ New Minister Promises Swift Action".( I couldn't make out the first word)
- The waitress checks out Harry and gives him a smile. Harry checks his breath.
- Dumbledore to Harry: "What about your activities outside the classroom? I can't help wondering if..."
- Shot of Ginny, the Harry/Ginny kiss
- Harry to Dumbledore: "Oh no, no. I mean, she's brilliant, we're friends." (Upon further review, I honestly wonder if they are talking about Hermione or Ginny)
- Hermione smacks Harry with parchment in the library. Harry: "Ok, sorry"
- Flying Quidditch Shots
- Celebrations of the Quidditch win in the Gryffindor common room, Ron/Lav kiss
- Lavender in the Hospital Wing, with Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore in the background
- Lavender (indignant): "I happen to be his girlfriend".
- Overhead shot of train in winter
- Nice shot of Hermione outdoors, smiling
- Ron hovering near the rings with an arm raised in victory
- In the hospital wing, Lavender leaning forward, awaiting something. (My guess is this is the "Er-my-nee" scene)
- Shot of Ron out cold in the hospital bed, Ginny sitting next to him in a chair.
- Hermione standing on other side of the bed, looking ready for a fight. Hermione: "I happen to be his...friend".
- Hermione smacks Ron with the book in the Great Hall
- Ron lying on the ground, talking to Harry. Ron: "These girls, they're going to kill me, Harry".
- Voiceover: "Harry Potter and the HBP" with the logo
- Hospital Wing - Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore/

Harry. Snape is holding a golden cylinder looking bottle with a top resembling a teapot fliptop.
- Dumbledore: Either "Don't we yearn, to feel love's keen sting" or "Aren't we young, to feel love's keen sting". (One of the two, it wasn't that clear.)
- Shot of Harry with Gryffindors in the background (Seamus, Neville, Dean, Hermione). This looks like it takes place before/after the Quidditch match, as they are wearing their Gryffindor t-shirts and someone in the background has their face painted.
- Opening in Theatres and Imax 3D July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I want to see it! I need to see it!!!

Posted by Matea on May 09, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Blue-moon_thumb

That’s sound great, I will look forward to see it on youtube.
Thank you so much.
I’d love to be spoiled. ;D

Posted by shellscotie on May 09, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Coooooool!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on May 09, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

It sounds as if this movie will be wonderful!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 09, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
216cougar2_thumb

I would just like to see it.

Posted by Arthur22 on May 09, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
216cougar2_thumb

I would just like to see it.

Posted by Arthur22 on May 09, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

video upload soon? :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 09, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

WOW!! Sounds amazing!! CAn’t wait for more updates!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 09, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator

Wow! I can not wait to see this. I am so excited for the movie to come out.

Posted by lifa *ROAR* on May 09, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

When will the commercial be on british T.V ?

Posted by FrancescaElle on May 09, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Redlips_thumb

Omg, looks like they are decided to show all the important parts before it actually comes out. I hate that! I don’t like the movies all that much anyway (as they totally destroy your own images) and this spoiling only makes it worse. I hated it when I saw the Harry/Cho kiss before the movie was out. So I’m definitely not going to watch it!
However, it is nice to know all that is included. =)

Posted by Aura on May 09, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

so this is a commercial promoting the movie?

the description was really great! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 09, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

Hi Everyone! I managed to figure out how to get the video from my PVR to Youtube. I’ve never uploaded to Youtube before, I hope this worked…

Posted by honourary_weasley on May 09, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

it is right here guys:

Posted by DylanAqua on May 09, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

cool

Posted by blackhair on May 09, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator

Hermione was talking very earnestly to Lupin about her view of elf rights.[br]"I mean, it's the same kind of nonsense as werewolf segregation, isn't it? It all stems from this horrible thing wizards have of thinking they're superior to other creatures..."