Detailed Description of New TV Commercial for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
May 09, 2009, 07:06 AM

As we noted previously, the television spots for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have begun airing, the first one broadcast last night on the CW channel. Many thanks to TLC reader Honourary Weasley, who sent us  a detailed list of what is contained in the commercial; anyone with video please send it in to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org. Honourary Weasley writes new new TV spot has:

- Shot of Hermione/Harry at the top of the tower
- Shot of crowded school hallway and McGonagall
- Ron and Harry standing at the side of the hallway in their school robes, laughing
- Shot of the speeding tube
- Harry in the coffee shop/diner. Reading the Daily Prophet. Headlines include "Bridge Collapse: Death Toll Rises", "Harry Potter, The Chosen One?", and "______ New Minister Promises Swift Action".( I couldn't make out the first word)
- The waitress checks out Harry and gives him a smile. Harry checks his breath.
- Dumbledore to Harry: "What about your activities outside the classroom? I can't help wondering if..."
- Shot of Ginny, the Harry/Ginny kiss
- Harry to Dumbledore: "Oh no, no. I mean, she's brilliant, we're friends." (Upon further review, I honestly wonder if they are talking about Hermione or Ginny)
- Hermione smacks Harry with parchment in the library. Harry: "Ok, sorry"
- Flying Quidditch Shots
- Celebrations of the Quidditch win in the Gryffindor common room, Ron/Lav kiss
- Lavender in the Hospital Wing, with Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore in the background
- Lavender (indignant): "I happen to be his girlfriend".
- Overhead shot of train in winter
- Nice shot of Hermione outdoors, smiling
- Ron hovering near the rings with an arm raised in victory
- In the hospital wing, Lavender leaning forward, awaiting something. (My guess is this is the "Er-my-nee" scene)
- Shot of Ron out cold in the hospital bed, Ginny sitting next to him in a chair.
- Hermione standing on other side of the bed, looking ready for a fight. Hermione: "I happen to be his...friend".
- Hermione smacks Ron with the book in the Great Hall
- Ron lying on the ground, talking to Harry. Ron: "These girls, they're going to kill me, Harry".
- Voiceover: "Harry Potter and the HBP" with the logo
- Hospital Wing - Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore/

Harry. Snape is holding a golden cylinder looking bottle with a top resembling a teapot fliptop.
- Dumbledore: Either "Don't we yearn, to feel love's keen sting" or "Aren't we young, to feel love's keen sting". (One of the two, it wasn't that clear.)
- Shot of Harry with Gryffindors in the background (Seamus, Neville, Dean, Hermione). This looks like it takes place before/after the Quidditch match, as they are wearing their Gryffindor t-shirts and someone in the background has their face painted.
- Opening in Theatres and Imax 3D July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I missed it. Haven’t had TV on too much lately… on MyLeaky most of the time!! Have to be on the look out! Can’t wait for July!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on May 09, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator

Good description of the commercial. Nice. Sounds good.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on May 09, 2009, 10:35 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I can’t wait to see this! Remember when we all heard it was going to be delayed from Nov, to July! Can you even believe it’s almost here?

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on May 09, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Can’t believe it the movie is almost here. I have been soo ready to see it!! Have waited way too long!!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on May 09, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

OOH a Lav-Lav/Hermione showdown! AHHHHH!!!!!

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 09, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

Ahahaha :S I need to see this!
I sounds amazing!

Posted by DanielleD on May 09, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Looking forward to the “Er-my-nee” scene.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 09, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

AWESOME!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 09, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 09, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

omg this is so cool!!!!!!!!!! i want to see it!!! hasn’t anyone uploaded it yet????!

Posted by Storm the Hufflepuff on May 09, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

Looks so great !! I saw it last night and was like — WOW newtrailer? I didn’t know what was going on until i read this :D
I hope it’ll be on YouTube soon ….

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 09, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

ogmomgomg I hope I can catch it!

Posted by KennedyJames on May 09, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

sound amazing!!! cant wait for the movie!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on May 09, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG, I think I just died !

Posted by Christine on May 09, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

cool!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 09, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator

"Dobby remembers how it was when He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was at the height of his powers, sir! We house-elfs were treated like vermin, sir! Of course, Dobby is still treated like that, sir," he admitted, drying his face on the pillowcase.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014