Detailed Description of New TV Commercial for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
May 09, 2009, 07:06 AM

As we noted previously, the television spots for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have begun airing, the first one broadcast last night on the CW channel. Many thanks to TLC reader Honourary Weasley, who sent us  a detailed list of what is contained in the commercial; anyone with video please send it in to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org. Honourary Weasley writes new new TV spot has:

- Shot of Hermione/Harry at the top of the tower
- Shot of crowded school hallway and McGonagall
- Ron and Harry standing at the side of the hallway in their school robes, laughing
- Shot of the speeding tube
- Harry in the coffee shop/diner. Reading the Daily Prophet. Headlines include "Bridge Collapse: Death Toll Rises", "Harry Potter, The Chosen One?", and "______ New Minister Promises Swift Action".( I couldn't make out the first word)
- The waitress checks out Harry and gives him a smile. Harry checks his breath.
- Dumbledore to Harry: "What about your activities outside the classroom? I can't help wondering if..."
- Shot of Ginny, the Harry/Ginny kiss
- Harry to Dumbledore: "Oh no, no. I mean, she's brilliant, we're friends." (Upon further review, I honestly wonder if they are talking about Hermione or Ginny)
- Hermione smacks Harry with parchment in the library. Harry: "Ok, sorry"
- Flying Quidditch Shots
- Celebrations of the Quidditch win in the Gryffindor common room, Ron/Lav kiss
- Lavender in the Hospital Wing, with Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore in the background
- Lavender (indignant): "I happen to be his girlfriend".
- Overhead shot of train in winter
- Nice shot of Hermione outdoors, smiling
- Ron hovering near the rings with an arm raised in victory
- In the hospital wing, Lavender leaning forward, awaiting something. (My guess is this is the "Er-my-nee" scene)
- Shot of Ron out cold in the hospital bed, Ginny sitting next to him in a chair.
- Hermione standing on other side of the bed, looking ready for a fight. Hermione: "I happen to be his...friend".
- Hermione smacks Ron with the book in the Great Hall
- Ron lying on the ground, talking to Harry. Ron: "These girls, they're going to kill me, Harry".
- Voiceover: "Harry Potter and the HBP" with the logo
- Hospital Wing - Snape/Slughorn/Dumbledore/

Harry. Snape is holding a golden cylinder looking bottle with a top resembling a teapot fliptop.
- Dumbledore: Either "Don't we yearn, to feel love's keen sting" or "Aren't we young, to feel love's keen sting". (One of the two, it wasn't that clear.)
- Shot of Harry with Gryffindors in the background (Seamus, Neville, Dean, Hermione). This looks like it takes place before/after the Quidditch match, as they are wearing their Gryffindor t-shirts and someone in the background has their face painted.
- Opening in Theatres and Imax 3D July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

OMG! I wish I had TV (dang cable prices) WOW. Is all that in ONE spot?
Excellent!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on May 09, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Severuswand_thumb

I can’t wait for the Half Blood Prince i hope this will be on youtube soon :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrinceFan on May 09, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Anyone uploaded yet? I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on May 09, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Oh wow! Can’t believe it’s only like two months away!

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on May 09, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

omg i want to see this now!!!
so many new scenes
it;s exciting that we are getting adverts on tv for it now, it means it’s really coming

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on May 09, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Sb_thumb
2017 Points

It sounds so awesome! I can’t wait to see it! :D

Posted by Looie [ROAR!] on May 09, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

YaaaaaaY!! i’m really excited about this one it looks amazing!!! :) :D

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on May 09, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator

I’m sooo excited!!!

Posted by on May 09, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on May 09, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Has anyone actually watched the video? I would love to see it…

Posted by Smitch on May 09, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

WOW that sonds like one heck of a commercial! I need to lay my eyes on that!
Can’t wait for the movie!!

Posted by hpftw on May 09, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Selfportrait_darkened_thumb

I want to see that so bad!

Posted by futurewriter21 on May 09, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lg5o03uh5b1qeqc7eo1_1280_thumb

is this ever gunna be on youtube?

Posted by HalfBloodPrincess130 on May 09, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

awsome!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on May 09, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I didn’t read the whole description because I’d rather be surprised, but I am so happy that a trailer is on TV now!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 09, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator

"'Give five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question."[br]"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in a tone of mock concern.[br]"Think I did... One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's