New Profile on David Yates

Movies
May 08, 2009, 06:43 AM

There is a new profile online today of Harry Potter film director David Yates. While most of this we have heard before, the piece is from the local paper where David Yates is from, and gives background on the director and his career.  The article also notes how Mr. Yates is working on the final films in the Harry Potter series.

Yates took direction of the Harry Potter movie franchise in 2006 with the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This notched incredible box office success as well as an Empire Award and two BAFTA nominations.

Meanwhile, July 15 will see the release of the upcoming Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, directed by Yates.

In fact he is also editing the seventh film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I and shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. It will therefore be Yates who brings the curtain down on the massively successful big screen adaptations of the Harry Potter books.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Norbert_thumb

indeed

Posted by hpftw on May 08, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Hopefully he will have done a great job!! XX

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 08, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Frsh_dumbledore_thumb

I’ve really enjoyed what David Yates has done, well done David :)

Posted by tourdefrance on May 08, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb
  • joins the ranks of the Cuarón praising fans *

Yup, another vote for Alfonso Cuarón and POA. I can’t remember the GOF and OOTP movies all that well but I do know that POA is the only HP film so far which I’ve gone to see more than 3 times at the movies.

I hope Yates can deliver what the fans expect, particularly with the two DH films. I’m not taking sides yet as far as his work is concerned, will have to watch OOTP again and then HBP in July to make up my mind about him.

Posted by MischiefManaged on May 08, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Harrylight_thumb

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of his labor.

Posted by HarryLight {OoM4,CW}[Squee] on May 08, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

I like the pacing that Yates brought to OotP, even if everything was out of order haha.

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 08, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

coool.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 08, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yay yay david yates, but i must say alfonso cuaron was my favorite HP director

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 08, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i’m really looking forward to what he has done with the adaptations of hbp and dh!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 08, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Order of the Phoenix was totally ruined.
Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on May 09, 2009, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

I liked David Yates very much :)

Posted by A Tackier Pink on May 09, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love David Yates work with the series. Cuaron influenced into the series into better films and nudged them out of the comfort zone but Yates made it grown up. So pleased he’s finishing the series and can’t wait for HBP

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 09, 2009, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Who’d have thought that Yates would become such a big part of the franchise. I’m sure he’ll do just fine with the last movies. The only issues I had with OotP were related to the writing, not the directing.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 09, 2009, 05:42 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

the only thing I have against Cuaron is that he made them put on muggleclothes >:[ yates is alright OotP had a lot of cinematic aspects to it that some ppl would enjoy…i was just mad that they took out Quidditch & the fact that the whole movie was doused in gray.
my fav director is chris columbus..he made the 1st movie seem soo so great like the introduction to the magical world was very..magical :D

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on May 09, 2009, 08:03 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Excellent! I love all Mr Yates’ interviews!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on May 09, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Snape looked around at him, his face framed between curtains of greasy black hair.[br]"Sit down, Potter."[br]"You know," said Sirius loudly, leaning back on his rear chair legs and speaking to the ceiling, "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders