New Profile on David Yates

Movies
May 08, 2009, 06:43 AM

There is a new profile online today of Harry Potter film director David Yates. While most of this we have heard before, the piece is from the local paper where David Yates is from, and gives background on the director and his career.  The article also notes how Mr. Yates is working on the final films in the Harry Potter series.

Yates took direction of the Harry Potter movie franchise in 2006 with the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This notched incredible box office success as well as an Empire Award and two BAFTA nominations.

Meanwhile, July 15 will see the release of the upcoming Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, directed by Yates.

In fact he is also editing the seventh film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I and shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. It will therefore be Yates who brings the curtain down on the massively successful big screen adaptations of the Harry Potter books.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

Although i was only 7 when the first movie came out, i think that david yates has been the best director out of all the directors of the HP movies, and im glad to see that Warner Bors have decided to use Yates in the last 4 HP films as it show consistency.

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on May 08, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I like David Yates. Hopefully he can make HBP and DH the best ones yet! :)

Posted by Christine on May 08, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

The continuity of Director is great for the end of the franchise and he’s so good with those darker films

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 08, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I must admit I liked Alfonso Cuarón better David Yates just isn’t my style…but i’m not complaining about him finishing the series, despite th fact I was only about 7 when the first movie hit theatres ,

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 08, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator

I think the best director was the PoA one, but Yates is good.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on May 08, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

“In fact he is also editing the seventh film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I and shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II”
This seems a slightly odd quote because it seems unlikely that they have finished all the filming for part one yet, so he could not be editing it could he?

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 08, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

They’ve got one thing wrong – he isn’t edited DH1 at the moment he is still filming it, they are filming scenes for both films at the same time, not seperately, even though the bulk of the second film will be shot later this year.

Posted by mouse68 on May 08, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

For me the jury is still out on Yates – the Phoenix was very good but I want to see HBP before I crown him

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on May 08, 2009, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

^^ i agree. If HBP is as good as i think it will be…. he will be the best director for the series! GO David Yates!!

Posted by Rumbleroar! on May 08, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

yates is okay i suppose…I take issue with the screenply writers…they take all the good stuff out!!!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on May 08, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

I loved Alfonso Cuaron the most, but I do enjoy David’s direction and I think he is a very good director to be bringing our beloved franchise to an end
*sniff

Posted by KennedyJames on May 08, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Yay! I see that there is many of us who loved Alfonso Cuaron the best! I just didn’t like OOTP. yes,effects are stunning,battle is amazing. but where is the HP story? but maybe its not directors fault,maybe screenwriter did it. we’ll know after HBP. because Kloves is back(yes!) and it looks really awesome…so if HBP turnes out amazing,then of course I’m looking forward to DH 1&2. because OOTP movie made me sick.

Posted by Matea on May 08, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Alfonso Cuaron is my favorite HP director, but I do like what Yates did with OOTP. If HBP is half as exciting as the trailers, it should be a really good film. The only other Yates film I’ve seen is “The Girl in the Café”- a very political film with Bill Nighy and Kelly MacDonald. I thought it was really well done.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 08, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I think he has done a great job with the movies. I don’t think there is a way to please everyone.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 08, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I did enjoy the humor of Cuaron. It’s hard to sort out screenwriter and director on some of what I do or don’t like a bout a movie.

Posted by budgie on May 08, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator

"Funny place," she said, "it's a bit [i]too[/i] clean, d'you know what I mean? Bit unnatural. Oh, this is better," she added, as they entered Harry's bedroom and he turned on the light.