LeakyRock! Two Songs in Honor of LeakyCon

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 08, 2009, 02:33 PM

With LeakyCon just a week and a half away (and registration to close soon - did you get your ticket?) we've got two special songs written in honor of the occasion:

First, second, a Harry Potter song by Hank Green, released in honor of the occasion, "Dead Boy's Girlfriend."

Second, by Swish and Flick and House of Black, is a" LeakyCon Theme Song," which you can preview on either of their sites. You can also purchase it (all proceeds to the HPA and Book Aid) on those pages.

Here's all the information you need to know if you are going to join the biggest and best Harry Potter party this year, in Boston on May 21!

Registration is here.

Schedule of Events:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

Keynotes

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Brent_river_2_thumb

I wish I was going!! Have everyone!!!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 08, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I know… me too :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 08, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I wish I was going, too!!
That song by Hank is so cool, though :].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 08, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

I’m glad they share these with those of us who can’t go. It does speread the fun around.

Posted by budgie on May 08, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I bought the LeakyCon Theme Song. :)

Posted by Courtney Quirke on May 08, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

hahaha.LOL.amazing voices!

Posted by Matea on May 08, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

I haven’t seen Hank’s song yet, but I bought the LeakyCon Theme Song earlier this evening!! Is is awesome!!! EVERYONE should buy it!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on May 08, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator

Lol, reminds me of HatP “Because I’d rather not talk about your dead ex boyfriend over coffee” I wish I could be at LeakyCon, have fun everyone!

Posted by AubNoelle on May 08, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Nice song.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on May 08, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

A song in honor of LeakyCon is called “Dead Boy’s Girlfriend”??? LOL.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 08, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Peeps_reduced_dscn0087_thumb

The songs are very fun

Posted by huffledor on May 08, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I wish I was going :(

Posted by Christine on May 08, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

haah awesome! wish I was goin’ though!

Posted by hpftw on May 08, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

John Green that song is brilliant! Thank you and Katherine. Looking forward to hearing Harry & the Potters cover version – not because they’ll do it better, just because they’re… well… Harry Potter.

Posted by rosepug on May 08, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i wish i could go! aghh vlogbrothers! agh Michael Goldenberg! sighh hope everyone has fun there.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 08, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator

When she saw Harry, her prominent eyes seemed to bulge excitedly and she made a beeline straight for him. Many of his classmates turned curiously to watch. Luna took a great breath and then said, without so much as a preliminary hello: "I believe He-Who-M

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014