Rita Returns? Rumor Alert on Miranda Richardson Back for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 01:35 PM

Rumor Alert: Credible word has reached TLC that actress Miranda Richardson is in negotiations to reprise her role as scandal monger and Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore author Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. TLC spoke directly to reps for Ms. Richardson today, and when asked if they could deny or confirm the report, was told several times "no comment."

Readers will recall recently producer David Heyman told Empire magazine they are indeed still casting for the final films in the Harry Potter movies. As such, we must keep this new report about Ms. Richardson, who gave such a delightful performance as the nasty Rita in Goblet of Fire, firmly in the rumor category for now, until Warner Bros makes a formal announcement regarding the cast of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_thumb

yyeah I ma not sure we will actually see her but we will hear her in a voice over of some sort. though I think we may see her in a flashback, either way I will be happy.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on May 09, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

really hope this is true!!

Posted by DanielleD on May 09, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I hope she comes back

Posted by Jersey on May 09, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Defsarcasm_thumb

Oh, I can’t wait!!
Miranda Richardson is a brilliant actress, and she definitely pulls of Rita like a Charm.

Posted by Tiannangel [FTC!] on May 10, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

coooool!!!! rita skeeter is like the best love-to-hate character ever!! hehe!!

Bottlenose_dolphin_thumb

I really liked her portrayal of Rita Skeeter. You could almost see the devil horns popping out of her head.

Posted by D☺lphin♀500 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ on May 10, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

i hope that she comes back! she was awesome!

Posted by rebel on May 10, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

She acted brilliantly so more of her yes please!

Posted by saffran { roar } on May 10, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb

she is such a good actress.

Posted by Frances Anne on May 10, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Gosh! I hope this is true! She doesnt physically appear in the book, but it would be Awesome to see her in the movie!

Posted by cghambright on May 10, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

Doesn’t she have to come back anyways for some book…oh…that was the fifth book wasn’t it? I shouln’t post this but I will anyway…

Posted by friendofblob on May 10, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

Doesn’t she have to come back anyways for some book…oh…that was the fifth book wasn’t it? I shouldn’t post this but I will anyway…

Posted by friendofblob on May 10, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope that the information received by Leaky is true, as nothing would bring me more joy than to see her step back into that nasty role and carry her Quick Quotes Quill! She was fantastic as Rita.

Posted by Kirk on May 10, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I would love to see her back as rita! She played the roll wonderfully!

Posted by KC Nox on May 11, 2009, 03:04 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

Thats good!! she plays the role of Reeta Skeeter so,so well!! I love her! :D

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on May 11, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache.