Rita Returns? Rumor Alert on Miranda Richardson Back for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 01:35 PM

Rumor Alert: Credible word has reached TLC that actress Miranda Richardson is in negotiations to reprise her role as scandal monger and Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore author Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. TLC spoke directly to reps for Ms. Richardson today, and when asked if they could deny or confirm the report, was told several times "no comment."

Readers will recall recently producer David Heyman told Empire magazine they are indeed still casting for the final films in the Harry Potter movies. As such, we must keep this new report about Ms. Richardson, who gave such a delightful performance as the nasty Rita in Goblet of Fire, firmly in the rumor category for now, until Warner Bros makes a formal announcement regarding the cast of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

hope!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 08, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I finished HalfBlood Prince yesterday and started rereading Deathly Hallows and I am not very far in, Its been last summer since I have read it,( and a while since I have read Goblet of Fire, I got stuck on Order of the Pheonix for months I have found it very tedious to get through the last couple times I have read it) I had forgotten how much I dislike Rita Skeeter. Miranda Richardson does such an awesome job in that role, but she always does a good job in what ever role she has, and an unusually good job at playing a villian. I hope they do bring it back it hads some interest to the traveling “doing nothing” parts of the books ;)

Posted by carebie on May 08, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

wow! Okay let me fix some things….I hope they do bring ‘it’ back as in I hope they bring her back and keep that subplot, because it “hads” as in adds some interest to the book. I do like this book a lot so please don’t take offense to the “doing nothing” part cause I added the wink ;) just meaning that some people feel that the traveling was too long, and I think it just kinda shows that they really didn’t know what they were doing their only plan was staying alive while trying to figure out a plan. okay I think I am done now :)

Posted by carebie on May 08, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Triple_thumb

maybe they could have the trio going to the release of the book?
i love rita

Posted by HudMug1712 on May 08, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Does this mean we will be getting some backstory on DD?

Posted by Cool G on May 08, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

delightful, delicious are the proper adjectives for her performance. hope this is true!

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on May 08, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

no matter if she really is or isn’t in the book.

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on May 08, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

No, StefanM94, I said the same thing a few pages of comments ago. I love Miranda’s Rita but it’s like with Mom Granger. Steve Kloves loves to add characters, scenes, and stuff that were never in the books and are completely unnecessary and take out stuff that is incredibly important to the plot. If they do too much of that sort of thing, it won’t matter how many movies they make out of DH they still won’t fit in everything that was actually important. It may sound horrible but I can’t tell you how many times over the years I have wished that Kloves would go to Peter Jackson and ask for lessons on adaptation. It would have solved so many problems.

Posted by DeliaDee on May 08, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

I loved her, she was great in the film!!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 08, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator

I do not seem to recall Rita Skeeter being in the seventh Harry Potter book called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but she did have an article in The Daily Prophet and a book published known as The Life And Lies Of Albus Dumbledore. So perhaps those two things would be enough to merit an appearance from the actress who played Rita Skeeter as she had in Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on May 08, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Well, she doesn´t need to come back cos Rita Skeeter does not actually appear in DH, they only mention her so that´s totally unnecessary. The characters they really should put they don´t. Nothing against Miranda, she is awesome,but I don´t want this rumor this to be true. It would be a waste of her time.

Posted by Tamyris on May 08, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

since they didn’t includeher in ootp, they should have her in dh i guess. but wasn’t she not really in dh? wasn’t it just her book? well, we’ll see how it plays out!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 08, 2009, 03:04 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

I hope she does do it, Richardson was a GREAT Rita Skeeter.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on May 08, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Frsh_dumbledore_thumb

She wasn’t an awful lot like I imagined her in the books, but it was a brilliant performance and I’d love to see her back!

Posted by tourdefrance on May 08, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

She was so awesome as Rita I hope she comes back.

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on May 08, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator

"But I don't think you're ugly," said Harry, bemused.[br]Hermione laughed.[br]"Harry, you're worse than Ron... Well, no, you're not," she sighed, as Ron himself came stumping into the Hall splattered with mud and looking grumpy.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014