Rita Returns? Rumor Alert on Miranda Richardson Back for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 01:35 PM

Rumor Alert: Credible word has reached TLC that actress Miranda Richardson is in negotiations to reprise her role as scandal monger and Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore author Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. TLC spoke directly to reps for Ms. Richardson today, and when asked if they could deny or confirm the report, was told several times "no comment."

Readers will recall recently producer David Heyman told Empire magazine they are indeed still casting for the final films in the Harry Potter movies. As such, we must keep this new report about Ms. Richardson, who gave such a delightful performance as the nasty Rita in Goblet of Fire, firmly in the rumor category for now, until Warner Bros makes a formal announcement regarding the cast of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lunaavvie4_thumb

I hope this is true! She was amazing. I haven’t watched GoF in a while, but I seem to remember that the music was just perfect whenever she appeared. She’s just so creepy and cruel, yet hilarious and perfect at the same time.

Posted by katem4 on May 07, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

YAY! she’s EXCELLENT! i really want her to come back!

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on May 07, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Great news!! She was fantastic as Rita and I really hope it’s true!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on May 07, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I really, really, really, REALLY hope that Miranda comes back!! She was PERFECT as Rita in GOF!! I really want DH to be a big reunion, too, and I hope they bring back most, if not all, former cast members for this final movie. That would be AWESOME!

Posted by tubaturtle on May 07, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh good! I hope this is true =]

Posted by Christine on May 07, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

That would be fantastic! She was great!

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on May 07, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator

Exciting. She did a great job the 1st time

Posted by annheim, OoM4 on May 07, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

Yesss. I love to hate that character :)
I hope this is true!

Posted by felixfelicis11 on May 07, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator

she looks so kinky in the avatar

Posted by on May 07, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Why is she coming back and not Fleur? To me, Fleur has a bigger role in the final book than Rita.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 07, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

OMG…she is back!!! wow amazing! I love her in GOF, she was great..I’m so exited!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on May 07, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Hp_ravenclaw_thumb

She made a great Rita. It will be good for her to come back.

Posted by Verity Weasley on May 07, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i dont like reeta but its good to see her come.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 07, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@Spicefan78, Fleur’s not coming back for DH or is it Clemence Poesy who’s not coming back??? I hadn’t heard that. It doesn’t make sense not to bring Fleur back.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 07, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

i would LOVE for her to come back!

Posted by DanielleD on May 07, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator

"I can see them too."[br]"Can you?" said Harry desperately, turning to Luna. He could see the bat-winged horses reflected in her wide, silvery eyes.[br]"Oh yes," said Luna, "I've been able to see them ever since my first day here. They've always pulled th