Rita Returns? Rumor Alert on Miranda Richardson Back for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 01:35 PM

Rumor Alert: Credible word has reached TLC that actress Miranda Richardson is in negotiations to reprise her role as scandal monger and Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore author Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. TLC spoke directly to reps for Ms. Richardson today, and when asked if they could deny or confirm the report, was told several times "no comment."

Readers will recall recently producer David Heyman told Empire magazine they are indeed still casting for the final films in the Harry Potter movies. As such, we must keep this new report about Ms. Richardson, who gave such a delightful performance as the nasty Rita in Goblet of Fire, firmly in the rumor category for now, until Warner Bros makes a formal announcement regarding the cast of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

My_hero_neville_thumb

YES!!!!! I didn’t like GOF, but Miranda was one of the good things about it. I love Rita Skeeter. Very devious, very trashy, but kinda fun.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 07, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

ooo exciting.
yayaya more casting rumours for dh. it would be nice to see some of these rumpurs confirmed by WB though

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on May 07, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

Hope it’s true. And then please bring back Sean Biggerstaff, John Cleese, Verne Troyer, Zoë Wanamaker, Ray Fearon, Edward Tudor-Pole, Hugh Mitchell, Gemma Jones, Shirley Henderson, Emma Thompson, Lee Ingleby, Jim Tavaré, Dawn French and Julie Christie :D

Hmm… maybe I’m a little too optimistic…

Posted by Lilleby on May 07, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I hope it’s true, because that would mean they haven’t deleted the whole Life & Lies of Albus Dumbledore subplot =)

Avi_thumb

I totally NEVER knew that Miranda Richardson played Rita Skeeter !!
aah I hope she’s coming back, it means they will indeed be staying tight knit to the book :D

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 07, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

I Hate her too but it would be interesting to see her back

Posted by Horcruxalej on May 07, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I was totally agree at Lilleby.

But John Cleese must be at the HP5 because his important role is there, when he explained to Harry why not all wizards can comeback as a Ghost.

Posted by EnricoDc on May 07, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

EnricoDc: Yeah, but now that he wasn’t he should be in Deathly Hallows(:

Posted by Lilleby on May 07, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Oh, please let this rumour be true! PLEASE!!! She did Rita perfectly!!!

Posted by PewterWolf on May 07, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Ee_thumb

“No comment” is hardly much evidence for her return… but I so hope it’s true! I don’t want to get my hopes up too heigh but she was soooo good as Rita. I love Miranda Richardson is a great actress.

Posted by felixismycat on May 07, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Her voice would be useful maybe, but she isn’t actually there in the book. I think its great for her, and she makes a good Rita, but I suppose I don’t know why they’d bring her back for the 7th book, when she was ACTUALLY figured in the 5th book pretty prominently (which WB didnt even mention). Curious.

Posted by lizziebennett on May 07, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

For people who doesn’t know: (Warning; Contains Spoiler!)

Sean Biggerstaff = Oliver Wood (Participated in Battle of Hogwarts)
John Cleese = Nearly Headless Nick (Sir Nicholas)
Verne Troyer = The Goblin Griphook. (He will assist the trio to break-in at Gringotts to obtain Helga Hufflepuff’s cup in HP7)
Zoë Wanamaker = Madam Hooch (Quidditch Trainer at HP1, participated in Battle of Hogwarts in HP7)
Ray Fearon = The Centaur, Firenze (Why he absent in Divination class in HP5) ?
Edward Tudor-Pole = Mr. Borgin (HP6) Will he be there at the shop?
Hugh Mitchell = Colin Creevey (where is he now?)
Gemma Jones = Madam Pomfrey (HP6) I saw her raising her wand with the students in the last HP6 trailer.
Shirley Henderson = Moaning Myrtle (Where is she when Draco, mourning in the bathroom in HP6?)
Emma Thompson = Prof. Trelawney (She wish not to return because of Nanny McPhee) Why?
Lee Ingleby (Stanley Shunpike – conductor of the Knight Bus in HP3) Will he appear in HP6?

Jim Tavaré (Tom of The Leaky Cauldron, i mean The Leaky Cauldron!)

Dawn French (The Fat Lady)

Julie Christie (Madam Rosmerta) Is she included in HP6?

Posted by EnricoDc on May 07, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Raven_thumb

Wow, I hope this is true! I loved her portrayal of Rita Skeeter!!

Posted by Winter_Sonata on May 07, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Dscn052l5_edited_thumb

She was really good as Rita, I hope this is true and we’ll see her again!

Posted by Meri on May 07, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Foto_8_thumb

EnricoDc: I want all my listed actors to be in Deathly Hallows(: Except for Edward Tudor-Pole, he is not in the 7th book, right?(x

Posted by Lilleby on May 07, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways... their magical prowess -- their daring -- their powers of deduction -- and, of course, their ability to cope with danger."