Reminder: Location Filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Due Next Week in Wales

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 12:19 PM

A reminder today that location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is set to take place starting next Monday, May 11 and going through the 15th for scenes involving Shell Cottage. For weeks now TLC has been bringing you photos of the ongoing construction of the cottage being built on Freshwater Beach in Pembrokeshire area of Wales. TLC reader Jo let us know about some nice recent close up shots of the cottage which you can see here.

Press coverage of the filming is expected to be plentiful, as the Telegraph is reporting today (including a photo of the cottage now with glass panes installed) on the "Mystery Cottage" on the beach, with the article reading "the cottage made out of sea shells baffled tourists when it it sprung up on the dunes overlooking the Pembrokeshire coastline. But builders disclosed that that it is a key location for the final installment of the Harry Potter blockbuster."

In the article, there are quotes from fans were also glad to see the building, and local reps who again are positive about the filming and the impact for the local economy:

Rob Lewis, Pembrokeshire council cabinet member for cultural services and tourism, said: "The decision to film parts of the film in our county this summer is a fantastic development - which will bring benefits to our economy and the tourist industry."Such high-profile films with big stars bring with them huge film crews which can considerably boost an area?s economy. It will particularly help many small businesses, which need all the help they can get in these difficult times. In addition, the films will also raise the profile of Pembrokeshire and highlight the natural beauty of our county, along with its wealth of historical treasures, to the wider world."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Doctor_who_5_thumb

Exciting news! Poor Dobby.

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on May 07, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Ahaha, TLC reader Jo. You know what I thought ;].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 07, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Ahaha, TLC reader Jo. You know what I thought ;].

Greenavatar_thumb

Woohoo! I am so excited for this movie =D

Greenavatar_thumb

Woohoo! I am so excited for this movie =D

Wheee!! I wondered why my flickr stats had jumped!!

I have a week off next week, (a happy coincidence, I didn’t book it off on purpose, honest!!) I plan to go down and take some more pictures during filming. I’ve found out which sections of the road of being closed. (Thank you lovely county council man for the prompt return email.)

It looks like I’ll have at least a 4km walk to get there. And there are hills. But I fully intend to go!! The alternative is to get there really early, as they are only closing the road during the day. But given that there I’m not a morning person, it’s unlikely!! So wish me luck in my long hike in the quest for getting more pictures!!

Jo

Posted by jjpembs on May 07, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Green_thumb

im super excited! :)

Posted by simplycyn [FTC!] on May 07, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

It’s all very exciting, I wish I could make it down to Wales.

Posted by lurking_llama on May 07, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator

This is exciting!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on May 07, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator

Shell cottage looks great!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 07, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Woot! I can’t wait for more DH set photos! And HBP’s not even here yet! XD

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 07, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

It looks so good (:
Can’t wait for pictures from filming!
(If there will be any)

Posted by Christine on May 07, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

omg wow exiting!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on May 07, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Hp_ravenclaw_thumb

That’s fantastic! How exciting for the locals.

Posted by Verity Weasley on May 07, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

How exciting!! Love Wales too! This movie is going to be FLAWLESS!

Posted by hpftw on May 07, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

They said good-bye to the Grangers, who were leaving the pub for the Muggle street on the other side; Mr. Weasley started to ask them how bus stops worked, but stopped quickly at the look on Mrs. Weasley's face.