Reminder: Location Filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Due Next Week in Wales

DH Film
May 07, 2009, 12:19 PM

A reminder today that location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is set to take place starting next Monday, May 11 and going through the 15th for scenes involving Shell Cottage. For weeks now TLC has been bringing you photos of the ongoing construction of the cottage being built on Freshwater Beach in Pembrokeshire area of Wales. TLC reader Jo let us know about some nice recent close up shots of the cottage which you can see here.

Press coverage of the filming is expected to be plentiful, as the Telegraph is reporting today (including a photo of the cottage now with glass panes installed) on the "Mystery Cottage" on the beach, with the article reading "the cottage made out of sea shells baffled tourists when it it sprung up on the dunes overlooking the Pembrokeshire coastline. But builders disclosed that that it is a key location for the final installment of the Harry Potter blockbuster."

In the article, there are quotes from fans were also glad to see the building, and local reps who again are positive about the filming and the impact for the local economy:

Rob Lewis, Pembrokeshire council cabinet member for cultural services and tourism, said: "The decision to film parts of the film in our county this summer is a fantastic development - which will bring benefits to our economy and the tourist industry."Such high-profile films with big stars bring with them huge film crews which can considerably boost an area?s economy. It will particularly help many small businesses, which need all the help they can get in these difficult times. In addition, the films will also raise the profile of Pembrokeshire and highlight the natural beauty of our county, along with its wealth of historical treasures, to the wider world."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

This is extremely exciting news.

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 07, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

So exciting!! :D

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on May 07, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Can’t wait for this. Just wish i could go to the set. I must do this before filming finishes on Deathly Hallows.

Posted by Prisoner Of Azkaban on May 07, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator

Oooh, I hope I can make it over there! I only live about 2 hrs away and it’s my birthday on the 12th so I’m hoping to visit the site as a birthday treat with my husband and young son – will try to post photos if any of us manage to get any good ones…. eeeeeee!!!!!

Posted by ogdensnut on May 07, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Sounds like Pembrokeshire is very excited about the filming! The setting for the cottage looks really lovely. I’d love to be there.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 07, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Just saw the pic of Shell Cottage. It looks AMAZING. I love it! I’m getting so excited about this movie. HP has some of the best set designers in the business!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 07, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Ahhh soo cool!!!!

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 07, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Persiankitten_1__thumb

I cant wait for filming to start!! i have been to freshwater west 3 times and took loads of photos so hoping to get some of the cast!!!! I’m sooooo excited because its on my doorstep.

Posted by Barb on May 07, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Woo Hoo! I love being able to track the filming progress like this.

Posted by phantomdave79 on May 07, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator

I wish the people of Pembrokeshire good luck. Several years ago HBO filmed here in my hometown and it was chaos. Exciting to see the stars (Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Ed Harris), but a 20 minute trip took more than an hour.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 07, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

Now it looks more like I imagined, with the old stone and all. Love the little lean-to on the side. Think they’re really going to film inside as well? or just do exterior shots? Looks like a tight squeeze.

Posted by izziewitch on May 07, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

It looks totally awesome! Its time for Dobby! and Gringotts!!!

Posted by Matea on May 07, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Wow, I’m so excited about this movie. The Shell Cottage looks amazing!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on May 07, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Hooray! It looks great!

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 07, 2009, 02:13 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

YAY!! Coolness!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 07, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator

"Hermione," said Ron sharply, "if you want to know what grades we got, ask."[br]"I don't -- I didn't mean -- well, if you want to tell me --"[br]"I got a P," said Ron... "Happy?"[br]"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred... "Nothing wrong with