LeakyCon Schedule Released!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 07, 2009, 02:08 AM

We are less than TWO WEEKS from LeakyCon 2009, and things are getting even more exciting. We'll have another big announcement for you soon. In the meantime, here's the schedule of events, so those of you registered can start getting your schedules in order:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

We'll be highlighting much of the programming in coming days. In the meantime, here are some reminders:

Registration is here.

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWITTER CONTEST: We are extending the Twitter contests for our Keynote presentations. If you twitter the following phrases you or the registrant of your choice (so tell your friends to do it) may win a free ticket to the corresponding keynote. (And do not wait to see if you've won to buy a ticket: if you already have a ticket and you win, we will refund you; the winners will be announced the week before the conference). Copy and paste these into your twitter:

#1:
Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter on HP5, is keynoting @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/d9ba8g - more @leaky!
(don't worry, the first phrase we asked you to use will enter you as well)

#2:
Nerdfighters @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cd4eb8 - more @leaky!

#3:
Cheryl Klein and John Green on writing @leakycon2009 - go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cmjk2w - more @leaky!

Thanks and good luck!

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Frsh_dumbledore_thumb

It really sounds like Crufts (the dog show) for Harry Potter fans to me..
and Crufts was brilliant :D

Posted by tourdefrance on May 08, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb

Lena’s workshop at the same time as Pottercast? Really? Ugh. So I have to choose between something that would normally be a can’t-possibly-miss event and a friend. Being a Hufflepuff I guess I’ll go with my loyalty to Lena, and I’m sure Sue will understand, but really… can’t you reschedule that? Pottercast would be something practically everyone will want to go to with the event being Leaky’s own, and there shouldn’t be much on at the same time imo.

Posted by David Wood on May 08, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

It’s breaking my heart that I can’t go!

Posted by Agrippa1 on May 09, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Matt_p_and_mj_thumb

@David Wood – Sorry we spent hours on the schedule…weeks really, and there are just some things that couldn’t be avoided. I know that’s a disappointment, but not having programming against our own programming would mean some people wouldn’t even get the chance to present at the conference. When weighing that, we decided we’d rather give people the opportunity versus not. Hope you understand.

Posted by MJLeakyCon on May 09, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

ooooh!! wish i could go!

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Wow. All of the events sound totally intriguing! I wish that I were able to attend!

Posted by Kirk on May 10, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Annasophia_robb_img_thumb

I did not join Twitter because my parents won’t allow me.

Posted by Katherine Angeli on May 12, 2009, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Pro2_thumb

Man how I wish I could go too! BUT I am one way or another going to go to LeakyCon 2011! How could I not, with it being in conjunction of the 2nd Deathly Hallows movie AND The park?!? starts saving now

Posted by Griffie {Roar} on May 13, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Bottom_of_bc_thumb

To bad I’m a poor college student who lives in Chicago and has to work!!!! Major bummer!!!!

Posted by Mona-momo on May 15, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator

Perhaps it was Harry's imagination, after all he'd heard about Slytherin, but he thought they looked like an unpleasant lot.