LeakyCon Schedule Released!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 07, 2009, 02:08 AM

We are less than TWO WEEKS from LeakyCon 2009, and things are getting even more exciting. We'll have another big announcement for you soon. In the meantime, here's the schedule of events, so those of you registered can start getting your schedules in order:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

We'll be highlighting much of the programming in coming days. In the meantime, here are some reminders:

Registration is here.

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWITTER CONTEST: We are extending the Twitter contests for our Keynote presentations. If you twitter the following phrases you or the registrant of your choice (so tell your friends to do it) may win a free ticket to the corresponding keynote. (And do not wait to see if you've won to buy a ticket: if you already have a ticket and you win, we will refund you; the winners will be announced the week before the conference). Copy and paste these into your twitter:

#1:
Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter on HP5, is keynoting @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/d9ba8g - more @leaky!
(don't worry, the first phrase we asked you to use will enter you as well)

#2:
Nerdfighters @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cd4eb8 - more @leaky!

#3:
Cheryl Klein and John Green on writing @leakycon2009 - go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cmjk2w - more @leaky!

Thanks and good luck!

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

This sounds great! I wish I could go.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on May 07, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

Siiiigh, it is sooky for me that I am both a poor student and not in America. I fail.

Posted by lurking_llama on May 07, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

This LeakyCon updates makes me depressed. I will go to 2011 no matter what happens! XD

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 07, 2009, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_2_thumb

very nice. looking forward to the reports from it.

Posted by broken on May 07, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

ah man I can’t go! Hopefully I can go to leakycon 2011

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on May 07, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

I wish I could go! But I’d have to go by myself because I’m the only one within one hundred miles who is obsessed enough…

Posted by felixfelicis11 on May 07, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

woooooot! wish I could go! Have fun everyone!

Posted by hpftw on May 07, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

I’m so sad I can’t go!!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on May 07, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Looks amazing!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 07, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
143_thumb

ahhh
im so excited!!

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on May 08, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
143_thumb

ahhh
im so excited!!

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on May 08, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Wait, you have a bigger announcement than the signed books AND the keynotes??? Or did I miss something?

2 weeks to go – can’t wait!!! My SIL and I are attending together – great family bonding!!!

Posted by jords on May 08, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I hope everyone that gets to go has a really awesome time!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 08, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator

sweet!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 08, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

Have everyone who is going!!! Maybe next one. Leaky is the best!!!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 08, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator

"I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THAN YOU TWO'VE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT -- WHO SAVED THE SORCERER'S STONE? WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH YOUR NECKS FROM THE DEMENTORS?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014