LeakyCon Schedule Released!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 07, 2009, 02:08 AM

We are less than TWO WEEKS from LeakyCon 2009, and things are getting even more exciting. We'll have another big announcement for you soon. In the meantime, here's the schedule of events, so those of you registered can start getting your schedules in order:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

We'll be highlighting much of the programming in coming days. In the meantime, here are some reminders:

Registration is here.

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWITTER CONTEST: We are extending the Twitter contests for our Keynote presentations. If you twitter the following phrases you or the registrant of your choice (so tell your friends to do it) may win a free ticket to the corresponding keynote. (And do not wait to see if you've won to buy a ticket: if you already have a ticket and you win, we will refund you; the winners will be announced the week before the conference). Copy and paste these into your twitter:

#1:
Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter on HP5, is keynoting @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/d9ba8g - more @leaky!
(don't worry, the first phrase we asked you to use will enter you as well)

#2:
Nerdfighters @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cd4eb8 - more @leaky!

#3:
Cheryl Klein and John Green on writing @leakycon2009 - go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cmjk2w - more @leaky!

Thanks and good luck!

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Leakycon sounds so awesome…I wish I could go.

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on May 07, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Oh it’s a real pitty!!! I hope that someday it’ll happen so that I’ll be able to visit LeakyCon or some other that kind of event!!!!
Those who are going to LeakyCon , Have a good time!!!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on May 07, 2009, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Me__xd_thumb

That looks like a lot of fun. I’m bummed I can’t go :(

Posted by Naners on May 07, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Doctor_who_5_thumb

I wish I could go. It looks like fun.
Any plans for something like this in the UK?

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on May 07, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Abd4_day_without_fusion_thumb

2 weeks! I can’t wait. I wish everyone could be there.

Posted by Elizabeth on May 07, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Liana_xmas_thumb

Changed my flight! Still missing the volunteers meeting, probably, but will have time to sort that out, I hope.
I’m with MysteryloverAnne. Licorice Wands or Sugar Quills or Fizzing Whizbees or even Cockroach Clusters???!!!!! There is simply too much Awesome to make decisions.

Posted by loquaciouskook on May 07, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Another big announcement soon?? What POSSIBLY more awesome can you give tell us, Leaky? :D

Posted by Lysh on May 07, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Did I miss Sue Upton’s program on the schedule?

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 07, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Never mind. I found it!

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 07, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

Yippee for a schedule! I’m super excited, but I do have a few annoyances… The main one is just that it’s difficult to tell what time things actually start on the schedule; it looks pretty, but it’s hard to read. My other frustration is just that there are so many things going on that it’s hard to pick!! On the whole, that’s a wonderful thing, but I’m actually genuinely peeved that there are really cool things during the live pottercast as well as the afternoon wrock concert. I mean, those are things that nearly everyone probably wants to do, but they’ll be forced to miss out on (my opinon, of course) some of the most interesting discussions of the whole conference! Oh well, I’ll get over it. on the whole— YAY LEAKYCON!!!!!

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on May 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
N809515360_3080443_9411_thumb

yay! I am sooo excited!

Posted by EKindy on May 07, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

I’ve been waiting for this! Thanks so much!!

Posted by The Silver Doe on May 07, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

I wish I could go :(

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 07, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Smallhuff_thumb

I really wish I could go. Sounds like fun. :(

Posted by hopekor on May 07, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I can’t believe how lucky you guys all are ! Sometimes I think living in the States would be so much easier ! =(

Harry seized one of the [i]POTTER REALLY STINKS[/i] badges off the table and chucked it, as hard as he could, across the room. It hit Ron on the forehead and bounced off.[br]"There you go," Harry said. "Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even