LeakyCon Schedule Released!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 07, 2009, 02:08 AM

We are less than TWO WEEKS from LeakyCon 2009, and things are getting even more exciting. We'll have another big announcement for you soon. In the meantime, here's the schedule of events, so those of you registered can start getting your schedules in order:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

We'll be highlighting much of the programming in coming days. In the meantime, here are some reminders:

Registration is here.

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

REMINDER ABOUT OUR TWITTER CONTEST: We are extending the Twitter contests for our Keynote presentations. If you twitter the following phrases you or the registrant of your choice (so tell your friends to do it) may win a free ticket to the corresponding keynote. (And do not wait to see if you've won to buy a ticket: if you already have a ticket and you win, we will refund you; the winners will be announced the week before the conference). Copy and paste these into your twitter:

#1:
Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter on HP5, is keynoting @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/d9ba8g - more @leaky!
(don't worry, the first phrase we asked you to use will enter you as well)

#2:
Nerdfighters @leakycon2009! Go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cd4eb8 - more @leaky!

#3:
Cheryl Klein and John Green on writing @leakycon2009 - go here for details: http://tinyurl.com/cmjk2w - more @leaky!

Thanks and good luck!

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Melissa_thumb

Hurrah the LeakyCon schedule! I can’t wait!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on May 07, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Image2_thumb

That’s great! I wish I could go.

Posted by Maria on May 07, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

ugh I want to gooo

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on May 07, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Papertownsdb_thumb

Wow, I REALLY wish I was going to this! Especially since that Saturday is my birthday and there is so much epic going on that day! Unfortunately, I’ll be in Baltimore, not Boston. :[
Hope everyone who IS going has an amazing time, though!

Posted by underthefairytales on May 07, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Papertownsdb_thumb

Hope everyone who IS going has an amazing time, though!

Posted by underthefairytales on May 07, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Maryjim_thumb

Oh man, this schedule is really awesome!

Posted by treebeliever on May 07, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Can’t go. Other side of the world, you know… I’ll be there at LeakyCon 2011 however! Shazam!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 07, 2009, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Ahhhhhhhhh Why do I have to be in another country??!?!?! FAIL

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 07, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

OOoo why must I be in australia and pooor :(:(

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on May 07, 2009, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Aldebaran_thumb

Have fun at LeakyCon! Wish I could come!

Posted by imaxchen on May 07, 2009, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Aldebaran_thumb

When are you PotterCasters going to do a world tour? I’m waiting for dates in continental Europe…

Posted by imaxchen on May 07, 2009, 04:44 AM report to moderator
Aldebaran_thumb

Posted by imaxchen on May 07, 2009, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Avatarbild_thumb

I second imaxchen – go on a world tour. Please please pretty please. We’ll do a fundraiser or something so you could come to Europe. You can sleep on my couch :-) It’s so unfair to be stuck on another continent while sth. this grand is going on. I am definitely going to leakycon 2011!

Posted by cabo on May 07, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator

sounds like fun! wish i could go!

Posted by RavenclawRid on May 07, 2009, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

I’m with Melissa!! Hurrah!!!!

I was just discussing this with my pal Emma about when we might get this!! Time to start planning!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on May 07, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Hello, Harry," said George, beaming at him. "We thought we heard your dulcet tones."[br]"You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out," said Fred, also beaming. "There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hea