Gateway to Wizarding World of Harry Potter Begins to Take Shape

Movies
May 05, 2009, 06:22 AM

Construction continues at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park attraction underway in Orlando, Florida. Via this link you can now see new photos online today of work being done to the giant castle of Hogwarts, as well as the developing entrance way to the park.

Thanks so much to Brian for emailing! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is scheduled to open sometime next year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

ahhhh i’m so excited!!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on May 05, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

ahhhh i’m so excited!!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on May 05, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Photo_2_thumb

I have season passes to the Universal parks and every time I go I peek through the holes to see the progress on the castle. It looks like it is really coming along now! I can’t wait!

Posted by Care :) on May 05, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Photo_2_thumb

Posted by Care :) on May 05, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Photo_2_thumb

Posted by Care :) on May 05, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

ahh! can’t wait to go! :))
its gonna be so awesomee :D

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on May 05, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

Wish I could go there. A bit far from sydney though.
Maybe one day.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 05, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

Wish I could go there. A bit far from sydney though.
Maybe one day.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 05, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

woops

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 05, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

So exciting! Although I’m more excited about concept art than construction photos, but I still can’t wait!!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on May 05, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

Awesome! Looks great.

Posted by starkitty313 on May 05, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Looks like a lot of construction . . . can’t wait to see it done :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 05, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

woo!! i can’t wait for this part of the park to finally open!!
it works out perfectly for me. i currently live in miami, florida, (only about two hours, on a busy day), to orlando. next year is my senior class trip, and hopefully the park will be open by then.
either way… i will be one of the first people there, you can bet on it!

Posted by kingdom on May 05, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Wowee! I can’t wait to see it finished!

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on May 05, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i can’t wait til it’s all finished so i can go!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 05, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator

"Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move... It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt."