Lego Mosaic J. K. Rowling Created at Legoland Windsor

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
May 04, 2009, 07:04 PM

The Telegraph is reporting tonight that author J. K. Rowling has been memorialized in a Lego mosaic at Legoland Windsor after a recent poll named the Harry Potter author as the "''ultimate hero" of the last ten years."  The Lego-fied tribute to Ms Rowling contains 48,000 "white, yellow and grey bricks," and was constructed with the help of children this past bank holiday in the UK.  General Manager of Legoland Windsor Vicky Brown, is quoted in the article as saying of Ms. Rowling's first place rank "We are thrilled that JK Rowling topped this poll as her books have been a great inspiration to children of all ages.  At Legoland, we actively encourage imagination and creativity and believe in making the children the heroes – just as Rowling does in her stories."

Ms. Rowling placed first in the Legoland Windsor poll, which also ranked such other notable people' as President Barack Obama, Sir David Attenborough, Daniel Radcliffe, and others.  The full list is as follows:

1. JK Rowling – 37.4%
2. Zac Efron – 27.3%
3. Barack Obama – 11.8%
4. Cheryl Cole – 6.7%
5. David Beckham – 4.4%
6. Andy Murray – 3%
7. Sir David Attenborough – 2%
8. Daniel Radcliffe – 2%
9. David Tennant – 1%
10. Joe Jonas (Jonas Brothers) – 1%

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Lilly_thumb

WHAT IN THE FRIGGIN WORLD IS JOE DOING UP THERE?!?!!?
AND WHAT IN THE FRIGGIN WORLD IS THAT STUPID BUTT-UGLY ZAC EFFRON DOING THERE?!
AND ZAC BEAT BARACK OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t believe I live in this stupid dumb world.

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on May 05, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Lilly_thumb

Bye Joe, i mean Joe from the Jonas Brothers. LOL

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on May 05, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

thats amazing? haha I don’t know what to think

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on May 05, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

it wouldnt have bugged me much if obama would have surpass j.k rowling their both great Influential people

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on May 05, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Excuse me but according to the poll, there should be heroes of the past ten years. That Zack thing was most likely only eleven ten years ago. What’s the point of having them (Joe J. as well) along with Jo. Also Mr. Obama is only a president for a few months and he hasn’t done anything great yet. Anyway i can’t wait to listen to John’s comments on this.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on May 05, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

That’s great !

My_hero_neville_thumb

I love Dan Radcliffe, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have “Harry Potter” and “Dr Who” on the list rather than Dan & David Tennant? And Zac Efron? Does he play some sort of hero? And the Jonas Bros? Well, I suppose they’re heroes to some, but I’m NOT a fan.

I’m surprised Miley Cyrus is not on the list even though she is total CRINGE for me.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 05, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator

This is so cool! But how could Zac Efron beat Barack Obama?

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 05, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Woah… pottamazing much??

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 05, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

awesome

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 05, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

by the way BeAchL0veEr05 [Becky]☼™ how can you not know who sir david attenborough is? are you kidding me?!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on May 05, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Longbottom_thumb

That is totally awesome

Posted by hpfrk736 on May 05, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

this. is. awesome.
GO JO! You truly are my hero!

Posted by hpftw on May 05, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator

YAY for JKR!

On the other hand, Zac Efron? Joe Jonas? What the heckles?

Half that list should not be considered heroes of the last ten years, I am guessing the poll was not stretched down first by the peeps at LEGOland.

Posted by who? on May 05, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

at least dan got higher then joe

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on May 06, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]This is a two-way mirror. I've got the other. If you need to speak to me, just say my name into it; you'll appear in my mirror and I'll be able to talk in yours. James and I used to use them when we were in separate detentions.