Trio Present New Clip From Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at MTV Awards

HBP Film
May 31, 2009, 09:51 PM

The Trio of Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) introduced a new clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight at the MTV awards. The clip was the Pensieve scene, involving a younger Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) and his visit to the Orphanage where he meets a young Tom Riddle. Update:Thanks to Stephanie, Our Order partner Rupert Grint.net has it here, or now in high quality via the Official MTV website, enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Images_thumb

this preview just made me even more excited! not only that but it was one of the best previews yet!

Posted by harrypotterlover711 on June 01, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

It seems rushed, like it’s missing something…But the clip hasn’t been condensed, has it? I wonder if they cut the scene with Dumbledore and the woman at the orphanage, where she mentions the disturbing incidences involving Tom and the other orphans? I hope not…

Posted by VeganMudblood on June 01, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator

I have to say I wasn’t exactly psyched once I saw the clip…

One thing I did not quite get: this is not COMPLETE right? Because if it is… I’d feel real bad watching the memories. They have to be complete, a continuous event, and not random asortment of the most important details.

The pensive I LOVED it, although I find it unnecesary to have it been changed from the previous films. As for Dumbledore flickering the lights in the back: thumbs up!

Posted by PCC_Wizard on June 01, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Sweet.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 01, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

That clip was very disappointing. I got up at 4pm to watch the awards just to see the clip and what do we get? A chopped scene with only one or two seconds of new footage. And i had to watch all this Twilight craziness till they show the clip.

But Robert was quite funny actually. Dorky but funny.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 01, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Hbpdvd2disc_thumb

this movie is gonna be awesome
i hope the scene was chopped in parts
but, i had too high expectations for OOTP. I loved it, but it wasn’t the masterpiece I wanted. To me, Goblet has set the bar too high. To me. Now it’s gonna be hard to have low expectations. but 153 mins? Explosions? Comedy? Quidditch? How can this NOT be awesome?

Posted by DARKIRONPOTTER on June 01, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
21_thumb

It’s also on the MTV website in pretty high quality:

Posted by Dave-94 on June 01, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

cool

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 01, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

I’m pretty sure this isn’t anything that new, I’m disappointed

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on June 01, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator

It looks like they cut a couple of scenes to make it shorter…

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on June 01, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Great Clip for fans, but am I the only one who thinks that maybe this wasn’t quite the best clip choice considering what was shown by all of the other films that gave sneak peeks because they all brought some of their best action scenes and when you compare the HBP clip with the rest honestly if someone isn’t already a HP fan they aren’t going to remember a clip that to a non fan is basically just Dumbledore telling a story. It just doesn’t really stand out among the rest and leave enough of an impression to draw in new viewers. This would have been a good opportunity to gain the interest of new viewers and I just feel like they sort of failed on that front. Am I alone in this thinking? I still really enjoyed it and will watch it over and over again. I loved seeing the Trio promoting together on TV because it feels like an eternity since they’ve been on TV or HP has been in the media for anything since the delay. I am dying to see this movie! Hurry up July!

Posted by bella vita on June 01, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator

Beastly i like it

Posted by JacobLongbottom1997 on June 01, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Thank you DylanAqua!!

Posted by Smitch on June 01, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

cool!CanĀ“t wait for the movie!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 01, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Bella vita, I completely agree. Very disappointed that they chose not only a clip we’ve already seen, but then decided to chop up the scene to fit it into a minute long clip. Not to mention, as you said, it doesn’t leave nearly an impact as the first teaser trailer did anyway because of how rushed it felt. We know it’s not that choppy (and if it is, then it’s the worst editing we’ve ever seen in a Potter film to date).

Posted by mollywobble on June 01, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator

"...those are enchanted windows; Magical Maintenance decide what weather we're getting every day. We had two months of hurricanes last time they were angling for a pay raise..."