Trio Present New Clip From Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at MTV Awards

HBP Film
May 31, 2009, 09:51 PM

The Trio of Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) introduced a new clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight at the MTV awards. The clip was the Pensieve scene, involving a younger Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) and his visit to the Orphanage where he meets a young Tom Riddle. Update:Thanks to Stephanie, Our Order partner Rupert Grint.net has it here, or now in high quality via the Official MTV website, enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

76234_1490362014606_1100640100_31136626_1593032_n_thumb

go a new one..

Posted by oOo Vetty oOo [ROAR] iL0VESEAMUS on June 01, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

It was a cool clip. They could not have chosen a better young Tom RIddle.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on June 01, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

it was ok, some of the editing was kind of weird and a bit fast.

Posted by PaintTheSky on June 01, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

wait a minute… i was just thinking.. this really can’t be the full scene- not just because it was cut in the middle of it, but because of the fact that we’ve seen lines before that existed like, “you’re the doctor aren’t you?”, etc. (at first i thought it was complete, but it seemed “choppy” too) Anyways, it was still nice to see this scene from the first trailer, a bit more extended. I assume that Mrs. Cole still has more to say about these “nasty incidents”, as you can see that they skip from the stairs, to the hallway, to the room- which is good for me, because i dont want to bee TOO spoiled.

Posted by Rumbleroar! on June 01, 2009, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

and does anyone know what Dumbledore is doing when he flicks his hand in the air as Harry pours the memory into the pensieve???

Posted by Rumbleroar! on June 01, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

the presentation of the clip was cute and i loved the clip! I am so excited to see the movie! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 01, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

Just got done watching the awards. I must say they were hilarious!!! Lol that guy with Eminem landing in his face! XD

The clip came on out of the blue so I wasn’t ready for it. I loved the little introduction, Dan is adorable!
It did feel really choppy so I’m guesing it’s not the entire film, it almost seemed like they put scenes together from the trailer. The pensive is looking very modern, when I saw it I was like WTF!?
But now that I saw it again in Youtube I’m really liking it, it looks really cool. Can’t wait to see this movie!

Posted by NightSky on June 01, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Well, not sure why first post didn’t go through so sorry if this is a double post. I don’t think this is the full scene because we saw more in the first teaser. So at least we know it’s really not THAT choppy and awful. Kind of surprised that’s what WB wanted MTV to show because it was really poorly put together. I’d be pretty nervous if I hadn’t seen that first trailer so many months ago.

Posted by mollywobble on June 01, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I don’t think they showed a full complete scene because WB still hasn’t put the movie together yet…they’re trying to prevent it from being leaked, so it’s still in pieces. But that said…I thought that scene they showed was AWESOME!! Even if it’s not the entire thing!!! I’m so EXCITED!!

Posted by cghambright on June 01, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

…I want this movie. uhm. now?

Posted by KennedyJames on June 01, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must say that I thought the editing in that scene was exceedingly poor; it seemed disoriented, rushed, and unfocused. I can only hope that they omitted some extra shots that maintain coherence from this clip, because if this is what the original film is going to contain, then it will be a pity that it rushes through the memories at such a speed that those who do not read the books will be just confused and dizzy from the rush.

Posted by Kirk on June 01, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

I swear we have seen like most of that clip already?? Don’t get me wrong it was good though!! :)

IF YOU ARE A RAVENCLAW READ THIS:

RAVENCLAWS WE NEED POINTS

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS EVENT FOR MORE INFO:

GO DO IT NOWBEFORE YOU FORGET!!!!!!!
Go on stop reading this go NOW!!!!! :D

Img_4556_thumb

Only 45 more days

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 01, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

its isnt that much though :|

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on June 01, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by blackhair on June 01, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator

"Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is Muggle-born -- you know, non-magic parents. There are some wizards -- like Malfoy's family -- who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood."