Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Due July 7, 2009

HBP Film
May 03, 2009, 03:15 PM

Amazon has updated their website to indicate the score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper will be available for purchase on July 7th, 2009. With pre-orders currently available here in our Cauldron Shop, the CD is listed at $15.98 (USD), however no track listings are yet available, and we will of course update once those are released.

Reminder note as well: July 7th is the same day Scholastic will release the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows here in the US. Pre-orders for that are also available here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Can’t wait! I’m a soundtrack LOVER!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on May 04, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

I’ve got all of the soundtracks. They are all good, But ONE and TWO are just about worn out !! When I get #6, I might have to replace them because they get played all the time!!

Posted by marymackie on May 04, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator

I think the Harry Potter music is some of the most haunting music around. It can be both exciting and soothing at the same time.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 04, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

i can’t wait to pop this in and cuddle with a house elf

NOT

heee but it sounds like it will be great

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on May 04, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_quotes_feb03_thumb

Yay!!! I love the soundtracks. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by potterkid on May 04, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Megamanstarforceviruses_thumb

I can’t wait for this!

Posted by Orange Chameleon on May 04, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Picture_2_thumb

On a related note, as someone else pointed out, most music composed for trailers IS NOT written for the movie itself or by the film composer. There are composers whose sole job is to write for trailers. What you heard in the trailer doesn’t reflect what Hooper’s written.

Can’t say I was too impressed with Hooper’s style in OotP. I could go on and on why, but then I’d bore everyone with stupid music jargon that no one cares about. :P

Anyway, I hope this one’s better than the last and that John Williams comes back for DH. He’s the man!

Posted by Analise on May 04, 2009, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

can’t wait. i loved the soundtrack for OotP, its on my ipod =D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on May 05, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Cool, but I will listen to it only after I’ve seen the film. Otherwise I’ll be distracted, trying to recognize which track is which.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 05, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

I love all the sound tracks.. Have them all on CD!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 05, 2009, 04:51 AM report to moderator
Hagrid_7_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by AngelasCrochetingCorner on May 05, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

The soundtrack will be just as amazing as the movie. They’ve had long enough! There’s no excuse ;].
Paperback isn’t in the US yet? It’s been at least a year?

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 05, 2009, 06:32 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Can’t wait! Hope it’s amazing!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 05, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I love the HP music.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 05, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Without_you__snape_face_shot__copy_thumb

Yes! I can’t wait! I love the Harry Potter soundtracks! :)

Posted by Questyourdreams on May 05, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator

"Is it those mad horse things?" said Ron uncertainly, staring at a point slightly to the left of the thestral Harry was patting. "Those ones you can't see unless you've watched someone snuff it?"