Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Due July 7, 2009

HBP Film
May 03, 2009, 03:15 PM

Amazon has updated their website to indicate the score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper will be available for purchase on July 7th, 2009. With pre-orders currently available here in our Cauldron Shop, the CD is listed at $15.98 (USD), however no track listings are yet available, and we will of course update once those are released.

Reminder note as well: July 7th is the same day Scholastic will release the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows here in the US. Pre-orders for that are also available here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Yay! Can’t wait to listen to this soundtrack.

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on May 04, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

and thats because of John Williams

Posted by blackhair on May 04, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

can’t wait to hear it!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 04, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Img_0656_thumb

I think Nicholas Hooper did a good job on Order of the Phoenix, but I am really hoping that John Williams will finish up the series. He’s a brilliant composer and he’s who composed the first 3 and did great. He should do the last one.

Posted by kylejhood on May 04, 2009, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I really want to listen to the soundtrack!!!
From what I know John Williams is composing Deathly Hallows!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on May 04, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Ss_chp11_thumb

This is really cool. I can’t wait for the movie, and music to the Harry Potter films is always amazing!

Posted by sgarime1 on May 04, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I bought the GOF soundtrack awhile back. I like it very much!

I do like the green background on Leaky. Just too bad it’s for Slytherin…LOL!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 04, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Image2_thumb

I cannot wait to get my paperback edition of Deathly Hallows! And hopefully the soundtrack will be amazing like all the others in the past.

Posted by Maria on May 04, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I have all the soundtracks and use them as background music all the time. No wonder I’m a PotterHead.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on May 04, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator

cool, but if john williams doesn’t come back for seven, im going to be ranting.

Posted by john-robert. on May 04, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait for the soundtrack to come out!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on May 04, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Hooper is a wonderful composer.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on May 04, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

Awesome news

Posted by Ascendancy on May 04, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Hooper? Meh. (shrugs)… I will wait and see how it is. Was never very fond of the OOP soundtrack…. would love to see John Williams for DH — if not, definitely Patrick Doyle. GOF is my favorite HP soundtrack!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on May 04, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

YAY! ill be waiting for it, the first day it comes out!

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on May 04, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator

"Dobby was so shocked when he heard Harry Potter was back at Hogwarts, he let his master's dinner burn! Such a flogging Dobby never had, sir...."