Soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Due July 7, 2009

HBP Film
May 03, 2009, 03:15 PM

Amazon has updated their website to indicate the score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper will be available for purchase on July 7th, 2009. With pre-orders currently available here in our Cauldron Shop, the CD is listed at $15.98 (USD), however no track listings are yet available, and we will of course update once those are released.

Reminder note as well: July 7th is the same day Scholastic will release the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows here in the US. Pre-orders for that are also available here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome! i cant wait! i luved the music in the newest trailor!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 03, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Remus_small2_thumb

awesome! I can’t wait to hear what Hooper’s done with it – especially some of the stuff at the end =)

Posted by seachellie4 on May 03, 2009, 10:45 PM report to moderator
5252_132371244358_752189358_3172991_1166454_n_thumb

OMG i can not wait!!

Posted by Dragongamer187 [FTC!] on May 03, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

cool

Posted by blackhair on May 03, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

eagerly waiting for july 7

Posted by blackhair on May 03, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

hope that the soundtrack is as better as POA which was the best in HP series

Posted by blackhair on May 03, 2009, 11:35 PM report to moderator

..its so nice specially cause im a music lover!!!

Posted by Lily_Potter ~ROAR~ on May 03, 2009, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_his_buddies_thumb

They have always had good music but I want to know what the track listing are before, or if I did discide to pre order it or order it. I just think that would make most scense.

Posted by jessica911jc on May 03, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Pushing_daisies_6_thumb

Ahh so excited!! Love the music in these movies, but I wish they would bring John Williams back.

Posted by WitByndMsr on May 04, 2009, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

i hope so too
hope they bring him back for DH

Posted by blackhair on May 04, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Guys, the trailers AREN’T anything to go by as far as the music is concerned.
I’m 90% sure the music from the trailers isn’t composed by Nicholas Hooper or anyone else working on the music for Half Blood Prince.

I do however remember hearing that John Williams’ “Double Trouble” from Azkaban is back in this film from a few of the test screening reports last year. Hopefully that wasn’t just temp music, and is newly composed for HBP.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on May 04, 2009, 01:08 AM report to moderator
Patrickster_thumb

I was greatly disappointed with Hooper’s “Phoenix” soundtrack, so much so that I never even purchased it. This is not good news to me at all. I certainly hope they bring back John Williams or Patrick Doyle to do the “Deathly Hallows” score.

Posted by Patrickster on May 04, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Sweet!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 04, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Cool! I can’t wait! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on May 04, 2009, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Portrait_thumb

Totally Awesome I :) I shall attempt to purchase it

Posted by The Shadow Lord on May 04, 2009, 06:05 AM report to moderator

"You are on probation!" shrieked Professor Umbridge, and Snape looked back at her, his eyebrows slightly raised. "You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better, Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014