New Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Features in SciFi, SFX Magazine

HBP Film
May 29, 2009, 09:19 AM

The media barrage heralding the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince continues today as there are two more features now online featuring the sixth Harry Potter film. Seen here courtesy of our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com, SFX has a long and rather light look at the film, focusing on the old David Yates quote about the film "It's all Sex, Potions, and Rock n Roll" and subsequent related themes. There was however, one piece of interesting material from producer David Heyman, who said he was looking ahead to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, notably "the multiple Harries at the beginning, the escape from Malfoy Mansion, the funeral for Dobby-that was really moving. And the whole final scene, where all the people from Harry's past who are dead come to walk with Harry as he goes to face Voldemort. It's just so mystic, but not for the sake of being mystic." Mr. Heyman also weighed in on possible future Harry Potter stories from author J.K. Rowling, saying carefully "I don't think that Jo will do another story on Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts," Heyman replies with [fellow producer David] Barron adding "She's spent 17 years perfecting the structure for this particular story, so it's hard to imagine that she'd find another way into it." "She said to me, when it was over, it was like the worst breakup ever," Heyman continues, "but now she's so happy. I've never seen her so spirited or full of life."

The second series of scans are from the new issue of SciFi Magazine and contain a much more substantive Half-Blood Prince set visit report, with new quotes from the costume designer and the prop master. You can see all of these scans via this link.

Thanks so much Lauren!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Raven_avatar_thumb

So much going on… Every day something new….

Posted by Won_Two on May 30, 2009, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Harrycloseup_thumb

I read in those scans that they wanted to make Harry take the Elder Wand as a keepsake! :O I hope they changed that bit because if they didn’t, it’s bye bye DH! :S I am worried (please be good HBP!)

Posted by HarryLoony on May 30, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

HarryLoony, it says right in the article they did some “jiggling” to fix things so they are congruent with the books. I wouldn’t be worried.

Meantime, all these articles and interviews have me at a fever pitch of excitement waiting for the movie. Come on, July 15!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on May 30, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator

While I would think more stories of the trio again at Hogwarts would be a little too “been there, done that” I would hope the Scottish book would be more than an encyclopedia, basically a dry, point-by-point listing of what happened. My wish would be that at least part of it would take the form of short stories. For example, an encyclopedia entry telling us what happened to George would not have the same impact of a short story that delved into his thoughts of going on without Fred.

Posted by zoltan42 on May 30, 2009, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

I love reading all these interviews and seeing pictures!

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on May 30, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i totally agree with zoltan42, so great having new stuff almost everyday.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 30, 2009, 03:40 AM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

I’m interested to see what they’ve done to change the fact of Harry keeping Dumbledore’s wand. Will that pic we saw of Harry holding the wand in Dumbledore’s office make it into the movie? I also want to know what was originally written in the script… I mean, that would completely change the story of DH if Harry had possession of the Elder Wand when Voldemort was hunting it down!!! :) Good thing book 7 came out in time to fix that! (although I’m sure Jo would straighten that up right away)

Awww. I never noticed before, but in the picture of Narcissa (the same one we saw in the trailer) she is all teary-eyed. Her face completely reflects her distress…

Posted by Rumbleroar! on May 30, 2009, 04:02 AM report to moderator

Exciting! I like the one picture in SFX of Fred and George in WWW!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 30, 2009, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Great interviews =]
It’s making me exciteddddd.

Posted by Christine on May 30, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

haha, “sex, potions, and rock n’ roll”. i like that!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 30, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m loving all the news and potos coming out! Love the scans!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 30, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

So cool!!! I’m so excited that they kept in the kiss with Hermione and Cormac…it’s implied in the book, but we dont get to see it. I’m also really RELIEVED that they caught the whole Elder wand thing…that whole plotline is a vital part of DH.

Posted by cghambright on May 30, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome! i like how Heyman comented Jo! Go Jo!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 30, 2009, 04:42 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

OMG I cannot wait! Awesome!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on May 30, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

only 47 more days!!

Posted by KC Nox on May 31, 2009, 12:22 AM report to moderator

...a gigantic pair of wheels and headlights screeched to a halt exactly where Harry had just been lying. They belonged, as Harry saw when he raised his head, to a triple-decker, violently purple bus, which had appeared out of thin air. Gold lettering over