New Poster Book Interviews: Evanna Lynch Talks Malfoy Manor and Luna

HBP Film
May 28, 2009, 08:35 AM

As we reported earlier, the new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tie-in books from Scholastic were due to be released this month. Thanks to Snitchseeker for letting us know they now have received scans of the Poster book (seen via this link), which contain a series of interviews with various cast members. Some of the questions we've seen recently, however there are some new nuggets of information, including a piece from actress Evanna Lynch on her character, Luna Lovegood. In the interview she reflects on what scenes she is anticipating filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Evanna said:

"I think it will be Malfoy Manor, as that is quite a frightening experience for Luna and she has to show a lot of her Gryffindor side  (yes I do believe everyone has a Gryffindor side!) and take responsibility in ways she hasn't really had to do on her own before. It's a real test for her and I still am not quite sure how she will go about it...and I am excited to discover!"

She also tells a funny story involving cast members learning the Thriller routine from Youtube. Among the many interviews is one with Tom Felton (Draco) who notes he is looking forward to filming the Room of Requirement scene for Deathly Hallows as he is "looking forward to Harry saving my life!" Be sure to check out all the interviews including those with: Matt Lewis (Neville), Bonnie Wright (Ginny), James and Oliver Phelps (Gred and Forge), Jessie Cave (Lavender) as well as the Trio of Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione).

Thanks much to SS and Rose!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ravenclaw_thumb

In Rupert’s Interview what does he mean “my favorite part about shooting HBP was burning the Weasley house down”? Has anyone else heard about this scene? The twins mention it too.

Posted by ravenseeker on May 29, 2009, 06:45 AM report to moderator

Thats awesome!

Posted by themarauders on May 29, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

yes, everyone has a gryffindor side.

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 29, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

I loved it!! The interviews were soo good. I love how Rupert is worried about kissing Emma in the last one seeing as how practically the entire fan base is looking forward to this moment.

Posted by boona on May 29, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

Haha yea @Snorkack_Searcher I totally laughed too. That Oldman must have left quite an impression on Daniel since Dan went on and on about it

Posted by boona on May 29, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_icons_004_thumb

I love it! I hope i can get it.
I love the “if i wasn’t an actor…” question. There are things you would have never known about the actors. Haha.

Posted by Muggle-Born-Witch on May 29, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator

Wow great interviews

Posted by blueheaven53 on May 29, 2009, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Great interviews from all the cast!! I love how Alfie and Afshan taught the cast the Thriller dance when they were waiting around. I would LOVE to have seen that.

Posted by cghambright on May 29, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

@ravenseeker: It’s a scene that was added in the film, so that the audience can see an attack on a wizarding family instead of just having them read about it in the daily prophet like they do in the book. They added the scene so that we have a visual representation and it makes it more emotional because it’s a family we know and love.

Posted by cghambright on May 29, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Posted by cghambright on May 29, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

@boona, yeah it was soo funny! I was watching an interview with emma and she said it would feel wrong…’ and the interview tricked both emma and rupert by saying to Rupert ‘oh emma is up to it’ and to Emma ‘ruoert is up to it’ . Lolz! I luv that part in the DH :D :D

Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Great interviews!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on May 29, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
P5220017_thumb

great, but I don’t like the answers to the first question: “for me HBP is much more of a romantic comedy”

Posted by Penny (WBM) on May 29, 2009, 03:04 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

That was rather amazing!! I’m getting excited

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on May 29, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Loony_thumb

Was I the only one who laughed when Dan started talking about the “Sirius/Harry relationship”?

Posted by Snorkack_Searcher on May 29, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator

He had never mentioned his Gringotts bank account to the Dursleys; he didn't think their horror of anything connected with magic would stretch to a large pile of gold.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014