Of Possible Half-Blood Prince Run Time, Changes to Soundtrack Release Date and Even More Trailers Oh MY!

HBP Film
May 27, 2009, 12:17 PM

Several updates to catch up on regarding the soon-to-be-released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. First thanks to Orkim from Portkey for owling saying the British Board of Film Classification has updated their website again today regarding two possible new trailers. Both received a "12A" classification, meaning they are appropriate for those 12 and older. One of the ratings was for a trailer labeled "IMAX" and runs 1 minute 56 seconds. The second HBP trailer runs 1 minute 34 seconds. We have no idea when these trailers will be released, if they are solely for UK audiences, or when they might be online; updates will follow of course when we can.

Second, readers Michael and Peter owled to say Amazon.com has now changed the release date of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince soundtrack to July 14. As we reported earlier, and still noted via the online retailer site, the CD was to be originally released July 7. Pre-orders for the score by Nicholas Hooper do remain available here.

Finally, thanks to Jeff from HPANA for alerting us that the Pathe film website as well as a photo of an illegally leaked memo they received from an AMC theater employee state the run time of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film is 153 minutes in length.  As posted back on TLC last December, Potter producer David Heyman already stated the film was running two and half-hours long. Please note: Mr. Heyman also said specifically in October of last year, they would not be putting the film together until six weeks before release to prevent piracy, so it is possible the run time will change slightly.

Thanks guys for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I’ll take any time they’ll officially release!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on May 27, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

Oh, come on! Give us LOTR-long HP movie! 3hrs, 3hrs, 3hrs!

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on May 27, 2009, 10:33 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

OMG!! Wow! More trailers?! awesome ! I cant wait! :)

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on May 27, 2009, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

more trailers!!!! OH MY INDEED!!!
I want to see more but at the same time I don’t!!! you know!? they’re killing me softly with all these trailers, features and stuff. I want the film already!!!
and about 153 minutes-thats perfect duration for HP film.
OOTP sucked as a movie in many parts,and it was too short!!!

Posted by Matea on May 28, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I always love new trailers! I definitely want to see the new IMAX trailer because I am going to see the HBP film in IMAX on July 15!

I love the 153 minute length of the movie!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on May 28, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator

Yay I’m so excited! This movie is going to be amazing!

Posted by AubNoelle on May 28, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator

I am really looking forward to those trailers now! Hurry up you British fools! (even though i may be a British fool myself). Can Nicholas Hooper send me a personal copy of the soundtrack ;)… hook me up Leaky ;)

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on May 28, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator
Daisy_dodderidge_thumb

I agree with Prisoner of Azkaban – what will be left to surprise us in the movie?

Posted by Daisy Dodderidge on May 28, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Rimg0123_thumb

I want to see the new Trailers!

Posted by Tschudiff [FTC!] on May 28, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Wow…long movie. Excellent! ^^

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on May 28, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator

I just want to see the movie. We’ve waited long enough.

Posted by bookmonster79 on May 28, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yayy way great news :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 28, 2009, 02:13 AM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh wow that’s fantastic news, fantastic length for the film i can’t wait to see those trailers on the big screen never mind the actual film!!!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on May 28, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

coooooooool!!!!!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on May 28, 2009, 04:00 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Looks cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 28, 2009, 04:25 AM report to moderator

Harry thought, and no sooner had he reached the part about number twelve, Grimmauld Place, than a battered door emerged out of nowhere between numbers eleven and thirteen, followed swiftly by dirty walls and grimy windows. It was as though an extra house