Apple and WB to Release Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince IPhone Application

HBP Film
May 27, 2009, 02:12 PM

Attention Apple fans! Variety is reporting that there will be a new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince application released later this year. The article states Warner Bros are "positioning itself as a major distributor of applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch."

The piece continues:
The studio's first app was the "The Dark Knight: Batmobile" game tied to the December DVD release. This year, it put out the "Watchmen: Justice is Coming" street brawler game app, which all purchasers play together. The game runs in real time, so, for example, when a character is punched by one player, other players immediately see the bruise. Days before "Terminator Salvation" hit theaters, Warner released a graphic novel app to get fans caught up with the latest "Terminator." Next up are apps tied to Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes."

No word on when the application will be available, and we will update once it has been released.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Luna_shoes_thumb

Can’t wait to download it on my phone!

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on May 28, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Luna_shoes_thumb

Can’t wait to download it to my phone! I’m just hoping it doesn’t have an outrageous price….

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on May 28, 2009, 06:04 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am glad that I own an iPod Touch, then, because I am certain that this application will be highly rewarding. :D

Posted by Kirk on May 28, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

Wow, they really DO have an app for everything! :)

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on May 28, 2009, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I just got iPod Touch today! Squee!!!

Posted by Imperiused! on May 28, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Well isn’t that the best! Thanks Apple!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on May 28, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Cool!

Posted by budgie on May 28, 2009, 09:32 AM report to moderator

I wish I had an Iphone!! They’re so expensive :(

Posted by jenbabe705 on May 28, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator

Apple is made of awesome!

Posted by blueheaven53 on May 28, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

I’m going to convince my brother to get this on his iPhone! I’m sure he won’t mind. . . .

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on May 28, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I’ll totally get this if it’s free or $0.99. Cool!

Posted by Lucia Meadows on May 28, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

hope i can get it on cydia or installer…

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on May 28, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator

Actually the first app WB put out was the Why So Serious app for the Dark Knight launch in theatres, as it wasn’t terribly long before that that the App store went live.

I’m an Apple nerd.

Posted by RumourBuster3000 on May 28, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Dsc02324_thumb

this will be fun

Posted by thegoodbella on May 28, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I can’t wait to get it on my iPod!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 28, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator

[i]His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,[br]His hair is as dark as a blackboard.[br]I wish he was mine, he's really divine,[br]The hero who conquered the Dark Lord