Actor from Croatia Cast for Role as Gregorovitch

DH Film
May 27, 2009, 10:58 AM

Several readers from Croatia have joyfully let us know the news that native actor Rade Serbedzija has been cast in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, possibly in the role of Gregorovitch, the wand maker and one time owner of the Elder Wand. Speaking in his native language during a recent press conference (seen here via YouTube), the Croatian Times reports that Rade said "I am going to play the role of a wizard who makes swords with special power. I will soon go to London to try on my costume." He also noted that "his role would be small but very interesting," with filming for the part due to take place in November.

Thanks much to Vladan, Matea, and Lucila!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Actually on another Croatian site he is reported as saying: “I’m going to be making wands.” I’m so glad he’ll be in it. Croatian (and I suspect Serbian) fans are so glad he’ll be in Potter. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Iva on May 28, 2009, 02:37 AM report to moderator

Q3_thumb

Awwww it’s the evil guy from Mighty Joe Young and the Photographer from Before the Rain!
LOLLL
<3 I love him he’ll do amazing!YES EXACTLY BEFORE THE RAIN MACEDONIAN MOVIE.

Posted by Martindjm on May 28, 2009, 03:14 AM report to moderator
1980 Points

thats great

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 28, 2009, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Aldebaran_thumb

It’s so weird seeing a news report and not understanding anything at all lol He has to be Gregorovich. Other than him, the woman who answers the door in German (if they want to cast her too, I’d be willing to have myself killed by Ralph Fiennes :-P) and Grindelwald, there is no new foreign wizard in the story IIRC. And Grindelwald didn’t make “swords with special power”, he just stole one. Also, Grindelwald’s been cast already, so…

Posted by imaxchen on May 28, 2009, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Good for him!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 28, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

excellent!!!! I’m exited!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on May 28, 2009, 05:07 AM report to moderator

Any word on Ariana yet?

Posted by Goury on May 28, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

yay! they didnt cut him!! and he looks great for the part!

Posted by KC Nox on May 28, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

Good choice.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on May 28, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

He looks like he would suit the role perfectly! I look forward to seeing him in the film.

Posted by Kirk on May 28, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

“Great

Can’t wait to see voldemort kill him"

Haha, yea… Can’t wait to see this movie it looks awesome! and I think he suits the role.

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on May 28, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

He looks like he’d make a believeable Gregorovitch !

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on May 28, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

Hey! He was in MI 2…the scientist who was taking Balerophon (sp) and Chimera to the US on the plane that crashes into the mountain!

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on May 28, 2009, 10:31 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Nice looking guy…

The comment from “Won_Two” said “… he won’t have to fake an accent”. I think that’s a testament to Jo that native actors be used. I know it was a condition for all the Hogwarts students. Good for her!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on May 28, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

That’s great, but “swords” ?!

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth... Your dark hair... your mean stature... tragic losses so young in life... I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"[br]"No," said Harry,