Actor from Croatia Cast for Role as Gregorovitch

DH Film
May 27, 2009, 10:58 AM

Several readers from Croatia have joyfully let us know the news that native actor Rade Serbedzija has been cast in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, possibly in the role of Gregorovitch, the wand maker and one time owner of the Elder Wand. Speaking in his native language during a recent press conference (seen here via YouTube), the Croatian Times reports that Rade said "I am going to play the role of a wizard who makes swords with special power. I will soon go to London to try on my costume." He also noted that "his role would be small but very interesting," with filming for the part due to take place in November.

Thanks much to Vladan, Matea, and Lucila!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Perfect! I loved him in The Saint and 24! He’s a great actor.

Posted by Xyra44 on May 27, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

He looks like he’ll be really good for the role…. I’m happy with the choice.

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on May 27, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

good news!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 27, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

That’s a great casting! He’s such a scene stealer in his few scenes in Mission Impossible 2. Perfect casting for Gregorovich, as always. Harry Potter casting professionals are the best in the industry!!

Posted by savingharry on May 27, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

That’s a great casting (as expected. The castors for these films are the best in the industry!). In his few scenes in Mission Impossible II, he’s such a scene stealer! He’ll be great in this role.

Posted by savingharry on May 27, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
18171450px-ginny_weasley_thumb

Nice! All the better to make the movie better!!

Posted by PotterFan-Man on May 27, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

looks good!

Posted by rebel on May 27, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator

sweetums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Posted by Gb1123 on May 27, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

I think he means wands…

Do you know something wierd? He’s the guy in that movie EuroTrip who they all meet in the eastern europe place and he’s in love with them coz they’re american and his country is riduclously behind the times and he thinks Miami Vice is a cerrent TV show haha that’ll be funny to think about as i watch Voldemort kill him.

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on May 27, 2009, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Ok guys..listen to me! I’m Croatian and one of the reporters of this news.
@Dolemite-its not bad translation! He actually said “I am going to play the role of a wizard who makes swords with special power” but thats because he really doesn’t know anything about Harry Potter world. and also because I think he didn’t have audition for the role,it was offered, so they actually didn’t explain him anything. But I can tell you one thing- he’s one of our best actors and I think he’ll be great as Gregorovitch. And I feel so proud that someone from our little country is in HP. as one of the biggest fans of HP in Croatia this means a world to me!

Posted by Matea on May 27, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

wow.. LOL!

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on May 27, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

cool… seems interestiung!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 28, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator

Cool!

Posted by badger666 on May 28, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Awwww it’s the evil guy from Mighty Joe Young and the Photographer from Before the Rain!
LOLLL
<3 I love him he’ll do amazing!

Posted by KennedyJames on May 28, 2009, 01:21 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

@bookmonster79{ROAR}
Pay better attention to news. Richard Griffiths said during the Equus New York run that he being returning for Deathly Hallows. It old news.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on May 28, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You've given me an evening off every week!"[br]"That's for Quidditch practice," said Hermione.[br]The smile faded from Ron's face.[br]"What's the point?" he said. "We've got about as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup this year as Dad's got of beco