First Clip from Half-Blood Prince: Ron Weasley, Lovelorn over Romilda Vane

HBP Film
May 20, 2009, 11:01 AM

The first clip from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast on the "Ellen" show. Seen here via Youtube,  and UPDATE: Now available for download here in our galleries, this clip shows a hilarious Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley under the influence of those mysterious candies, lovesick over Romilda Vane. Enjoy!

Thanks to Portkey for emailing

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Rimg0123_thumb

So funny, can’t wait to watch the film.

Posted by Tschudiff [FTC!] on May 21, 2009, 01:52 AM report to moderator

i’m not watching it… it spoils movie experience…

I did it with OOTP, I watched several clips and now I regret it. I’M NOT GOING TO DO THIS WITH HBP… I’m controlling myself….

Posted by Bunty on May 21, 2009, 02:01 AM report to moderator

Dan and Rupert play OFF each other so very well,
that was a terrific scene and actually funny!

Posted by Jeannine on May 21, 2009, 02:37 AM report to moderator
Css_115_thumb

LOL. That helped cheer me up a little after a hard night at work. The dialogue is great (really close to the book too). This scene really shows the chemistry between Dan Radcliffe & Rupert Grint very well too. Thanks 4 posting this!

Posted by AleraofRavenclaw on May 21, 2009, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

When I see these things, I’m like… “OMFG! AHH!” and I go and click on them a thousand times until they open, like any fangirl. Then after, I say, “ugh.” Because I want to save most of the experiences for when I see the actual movie. I think WB has given us way too much and I hope it’s not like this for DH.

Other than that… I absolutely LOVE Rupert, best actor on the face of the earth ;]. This clip just made me la-la-loooove him more!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 21, 2009, 02:58 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

oh my god! the best, most reassuring thing about this clip, for me, is the pacing. i couldn’t tell if it was the script or the direction, but in ootp, the scenes were so short. i’m glad to see yates is not afraid to “sit” with the scene. it will make for a very good watch.

and rupert. well, i knew he was good, but this is great to see. looks like an awesome combo of excellent acting and a good script. plus, and i know i’m a shameless fanboy, but he looks supercute.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on May 21, 2009, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

haha his facial expressions are hilarious

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on May 21, 2009, 03:07 AM report to moderator

It’s fabulous!!!! Rupert acted exactly like I imagined while reading the scene!!!! I can’t wait to see it in the movie!!!!!!

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on May 21, 2009, 03:15 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

WOW, this is awesome! I absolutely love the clip!

Posted by Niphai on May 21, 2009, 03:30 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

WOW, this is awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 21, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Hbpdvd2disc_thumb

better than what i expected. ron actually hit him with the box. Harry just got confused.

Posted by DARKIRONPOTTER on May 21, 2009, 03:37 AM report to moderator
Hbpdvd2disc_thumb

Rupert was excellent, but Daniel (Harry) needed a lot of effort too. he never saw his friend like this, and plus Rupert was too close to him. Dan needed the right look.

Posted by DARKIRONPOTTER on May 21, 2009, 03:39 AM report to moderator

Wow! The acting is sure on par from what I’ve seen (I’ve previously thought some of the other movies had squeamish acting in parts- just too forced at times) Ron is absolutely perfect and Harry!!!! Oh there aren’t words for how excited I am to see this movie if it carries the same caliber as this clip! For once it’s like I’m watching what I’ve read, instead of convincing myself to accept a lesser version.

Posted by Lisee_Lu on May 21, 2009, 04:02 AM report to moderator
Cool_thumb

Well, goodness, Rupert has really filled out, hasn’t he???

I LOVE this scene!!!!!!!

Posted by weB3now on May 21, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

Ron looks absolutly insane and completly out of his normal caracter. It is well brilliant. I love Harry’s awkward comments! They are so cute and the part where haha very funny and Ron throws it soooo stupidly that I am pretty sure it did not even hit him. That could have been done better! I hope they have some backround sound at that point.

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on May 21, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator

"She's -- she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly.[br]"You'd better open it, Ron," said Neville in a timid whisper. "It'll be worse if you don't. My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and" -- he gulped -- "it was horrible."