Shell Cottage Nears Completion

DH Film
May 02, 2009, 02:53 PM

Construction is nearing completion on Shell Cottage, currently being built along the coastline of Wales for use in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria, we have some nice new photos of the cottage, with the front door now in place, and an attic room or copula and twin chimneys now added to the structure. You can also see more of the beautiful location of this cottage (gorgeous in the sunlight, even with the scaffolding) as well as these photos of the platform now holding new mounds of dirt, which will serve as the site where Dobby is laid to rest.  As reported many times previously, location filming with many of the primary cast members will take place starting Monday May 11th at Freshwater Beach, in Pembrokeshire area of Wales.

Thanks ever so much Victoria!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

looks awesome!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on May 03, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

Awesome!! :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on May 03, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator

I’ve just got back from seeing it, we didn’t realise how far a walk it was! I’ve lived here all my life (25 years) and I’ve never been to Freshwater West, shocking really, it’s a stunning beach, so long and huge!!! There was some sort of surfing event on the beach today, so parking was limited, by the time we walked down to it, it was gone 9pm, no one else around but the security guards, and they must of thought we were barking!!!

Only got a couple of pictures, but being dusk, they are a bit blurred, so we’re going down again tomorrow. I have a pretty decent camera, so I should get some cool shots. I was surprised how close you could get, the railings around the front are only about ten feet away from the house itself!

It’s a shame that they are going to take it down, Pembrokeshire could do with the tourism boost, but as I’ve said before in previous posts, it is a protected area. Can’t wait till I go down again tomorrow!!

Posted by jjpembs on May 03, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

love the chimneys. It still doesn’t look the way I imagined, from Jo’s description, but still wonderful anyway.

Posted by izziewitch on May 03, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

OMG this is EXACTLY how I pictured it!!! I love love LOVE it! This is absolutely wonderful! I’m so excited. It seems like they’re really getting into the fine details about this movie and I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by KatherineWeasley on May 03, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

its great but the thing as a whole looks odd. i can’t wait for footage from this scene

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on May 03, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Bravo Stuart Craig

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 03, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

COOOL!!! photos of DH, it seams like its all coming on so fast!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 03, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
User144_pic2545_1286857182_thumb

Wow! Shell Cottage is really looking great.

Posted by firekeeper on May 03, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator

its all happening too fast lol

Posted by fresh-pickled toad on May 03, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

well its amazing
sounds good

Posted by blackhair on May 04, 2009, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Pushing_daisies_6_thumb

So excited but ahh these scenes are going to be so sad!!

Posted by WitByndMsr on May 04, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Too cool!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 04, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

Its not how I imagined it but it looks brilliant.

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 04, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

It’s beautiful, but larger than I imagined. Three stories. Wow! I thought a cottage would be a more modest house. I really like it. Actually, I want to live there! lol

Posted by Fereverto on May 04, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Well, I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Potter -- that table in front of my desk. Mo