Shell Cottage Nears Completion

DH Film
May 02, 2009, 02:53 PM

Construction is nearing completion on Shell Cottage, currently being built along the coastline of Wales for use in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria, we have some nice new photos of the cottage, with the front door now in place, and an attic room or copula and twin chimneys now added to the structure. You can also see more of the beautiful location of this cottage (gorgeous in the sunlight, even with the scaffolding) as well as these photos of the platform now holding new mounds of dirt, which will serve as the site where Dobby is laid to rest.  As reported many times previously, location filming with many of the primary cast members will take place starting Monday May 11th at Freshwater Beach, in Pembrokeshire area of Wales.

Thanks ever so much Victoria!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Scarff_copy_thumb

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/235936 this one is SOOOO pretty :D

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on May 03, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
143_thumb

excited

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on May 03, 2009, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

It looks amazing

Posted by McGiggles92 on May 03, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

It’s way taller than I imagined, but I’m just glad that the filmmakers didn’t come up with some way to cut Dobby out of Hallows altogether, like they did with Goblet. Oh, and Sue, I think you mean “cupola” – a “copula” is a structure that connects 2 other things, like a linking verb in grammar (yes, it has the same Latin root as “copulate”).

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 03, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

Wow! It looks amazing! They sure got the set together fast!

Posted by raven_puff on May 03, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I wonder what they will do with it after the movie is done

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on May 03, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

I hope they don’t simply tear it down unceremoniously after filming is done… it looks amazing. this is when i really appreciate the hi-res images on leaky because it lets you see every last detail!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on May 03, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I guess they’ll do Dobby’s death scene here.

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 03, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Iconator_14101b673817a6d7620ace15ed96ffaa_thumb

looks awesome guys. nice work. =)

Posted by Nuttyasafruitcake on May 03, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_his_buddies_thumb

I think it looks great I really do. But I do think it is just a little big, I thought that it would be a little bit smaller that’s all. It still looks good though. :)

Posted by jessica911jc on May 03, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Harrylight_thumb

Nice, nice, nice!!!

Posted by HarryLight {OoM4,CW}[Squee] on May 03, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

Looks beautiful!

Posted by Ariel on May 03, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Can you see all your family standing around you?"[br] "No -- I'm alone -- but I'm different -- I look older -- and I'm head boy!"[br] [i]"What?"[/i][br] "I am -- I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to -- and I'm holding the house cup and the Quiddi