CBBC Newsround Releases Deathly Hallows Location Report from Shell Cottage Filming

DH Film
May 19, 2009, 09:16 PM

Thanks to CBBC Newsround for letting us know that that one of their press pack reporters has a new article online regarding her visit to the location filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Young ten year old Press Packer Molly reports that while on the set for filming of scenes involving Shell Cottage she, "caught a glimpse of some of the actors as they were going to make up, I saw Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson and Ivana Lynch both waved at me! I talked to the Location Manager and she told me her job was to find the best place to film different parts of the film. She said she had looked all over the country to find a beach to film the scenes and I was really proud they chose Pembrokshire."

Molly also reports that the Cottage itself "looked like it was really old and had 1600 shells on the roof that had all been put on by hand. There were people called set dressers working on the set and they were raking the sand and using blowers to make it look like no one had walked around the house." Photos from her visit are available here. Please note there is video online here, unfortunately it is not available to viewers here in the United States.

Thanks to BBC and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I love newsround =D Memories of being 10!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on May 20, 2009, 08:47 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

That’s to bad about the video, but the report was great!

I hope we’ll be able to see some of the other location filming for the movie.

Posted by NightSky on May 20, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Nice report from Molly! I just can’t get over how amazing Shell Cottage has looked in all the pictures we’ve seen. What a great job!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 20, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
London_thumb

i wish there was a video
THANKS MOLLY!

Posted by holley on May 20, 2009, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

A fantastic set report! I wish I could have been there to see Shell Cottage for myself!

Posted by Kirk on May 20, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Damn! Jealous much? She’s super lucky.

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on May 20, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_detail_thumb

great picture of the cottage!

Posted by StephieK on May 20, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

She’s so lucky! The location scouts for the Harry Potter films are BRILLIANT!! THey always choose such beautiful locations that fit the book perfectly. And don’t even get me started on the brilliance of the set designers. Stuart Craig is a genius!!

Posted by cghambright on May 20, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good work Molly!

Posted by budgie on May 20, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Lucky girl! I wish i could see the video though!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 20, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

great job Molly!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on May 20, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator

Thanks Molly for the report. The Shell Cottage set is incredibly good, shame it’s only up for such a short time. The bit above the front door looks like most of the Deathly Hallows symbol (cloak and wand but no stone); I wonder if that was intenetional or a happy accident!

IwishIwas: I read that ‘Bellatrix’ was there because when they leave Shell Cottage for Gringotts Hermione has polyjuiced into Bellatrix. So we’d have Helena as Bellatrix playing Hermione trying to be Bellatrix!

Posted by WulfricBrian on May 20, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

uggg..y!! not for u.s.a

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 20, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 20, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator

The video isn’t available for anyone outside the UK.

Posted by greatpetie83 on May 20, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator

No new teacher had ever interrupted Dumbledore before. Many of the students were smirking; this woman obviously did not know how things were done at Hogwarts.