New Half-Blood Prince TV Spot on Fox: Do the Deed!

HBP Film
May 17, 2009, 09:56 PM

*UPDATE: Thanks much to TLC reader Zoe/Downtownpunk who let us know you can see a rough copy of the spot via this link. Thanks Zoe!
UPDATE 2: Higher quality video here courtesy The Movie Box.net!

Another brand new TV ad for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has just aired during the Simpsons tonight on FOX. TLC readers Ashley and Sarah write the ad featured Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter) whispering to Draco (Tom Felton) "Do the Deed." Other scenes include Snape (Alan Rickman) leading a group of people through the dark hallways, Draco taking his coat off, and Dumbledore speaking to Harry atop the Astronomy tower, noting he is 'the chosen one.' Anyone who captured the spot, please send it to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org!

Thanks so much Ashley and Sarah!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Just saw it! I almost cried when they said “The end has begun…”. I may sense a new stage of Post Potter Depression coming on. It was super awesome though! I hope a lot more keep coming out with a bunch of new scenes until we can piece them all up together and make the movie!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on May 18, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i’d love to see a video of the other spot. the first one was awesome! i can’t wait to see tom felton play draco as more than just the annoying bully. and rupert play ron as more than just the comic relief. this film is going to be amazing!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 18, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I had been hoping they’d have a trailer with Star Trek (saw it over the weekend), but no such luck. It would have made sense.

Posted by izziewitch on May 18, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

My comment got Vanished, for some reason. But it wasn’t important anyway!

Posted by izziewitch on May 18, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_thumb

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Posted by Athenamalfoy on May 18, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

ooo yayaya. can’t wait for the movie and these spots are getting me more hyped. Why don’t we have adverts like these in the UK though, not fair!!! oh well thank god for the internet. thanks to everyone who have captured thses tv spots
less than two months to go yayaya

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on May 18, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_thumb

Oh i wish i could have been there Felix! it never happens with my family i alway have to watch them alone!

Posted by Narglesarereal on May 18, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I love the part when Draco is walking down the hall and he’s nervous because someone is following him. That’s great acting on Tom’s part. I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by cghambright on May 18, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

thats cool but why don’t they release the movie at the go rather then showing bit by bit i think they hav soon us 90%of the movie LoL

Posted by blackhair on May 18, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

wow Looks great!

Posted by Ariel on May 18, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Leo_lovegood that is exactly what I heard Bellatrix say too. She very clearly says “Carry out the deed” not “do the deed”. Am I the only one who finds Lupin’s line about Draco very corny sounding? I can’t decide which is cornier, that line or Dumbledore telling Harry he’s the “chosen one” in every single teaser/trailer. Its still sooooo exciting to finally see all of the tv spots starting!

Posted by bella vita on May 18, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

13 seconds in, that shot of Dumbledore is from the Lightning-Struck Tower right before he dies. You can tell from the sky, which is glowing in the background (similar to the way it was glowing when Snape says “It’s over” in the other trailers).

And his lips didn’t match up with the word “Harry”. It actually looks like he saying the word “please”, perhaps? =O

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on May 18, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Amazing!! Tom looks amazing!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 18, 2009, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Norbert_thumb

so awesome! Wish I would have actually seen this on the TV, the one time I spotted a commercial my dad was flipping through commercials so I couldn’t watch it!
grand commercial though!

Posted by hpftw on May 18, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

i really hope we get some tv spots in Australia soon =D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on May 18, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

"I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once -- long story -- but it was telling me it had never seen Brazil and I sort of set it free without meaning to -- that was before I knew I was a wizard --"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014