LeakyCon Important Reminders and More

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 14, 2009, 01:46 PM

Just a few days from LeakyCon 2009, and we have a couple of reminders:

First, we have noticed a number of you have not connected your reservation at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers with the conference; the only way to get our block room rate is to do this. Make your reservation here or call the hotel at 617-426-2000 and let them know your reservation is for LeakyCon.

Second, we will announce the results of our Twitter contests later this evening.

Third, registration IS CLOSING SOON. You can do that at this link.

Schedule of Events:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

Keynotes

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast. Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here.

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

I seriously cannot wait!!! I’m too excited to sleep until next Thursday!

Posted by jenbabe705 on May 14, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Have a great time everyone!

Posted by budgie on May 14, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Wish I could be there! I tried to see if I could get tickets for just one or two events, since I live near Boston, because those of us who have to work Thurs. and Fri., and/or can’t afford that much money might like to go for just an afternoon or evening or something….unfortunately, that wasn’t an option…. Oh well…guess I’ll have to see the pics on here. Since it’s local, it might even be on the news! I’ll check it out!

Have fun, those of you who are going!
Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on May 14, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’m all signed up … nearly ready to go. Squeee!

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 14, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

too far away from me to go :’(

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 14, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

have fun whoever is going!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 14, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

sobs :(

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 14, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

tell me all about it when you guys get back!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on May 14, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Pottersleeppottereat_thumb

I cannot wait for LeakyCon! :D

Posted by annathebold on May 14, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I wonder how much this entire trip costs – for future reference. A lot of money (but worth every penny)

Posted by Smitch on May 14, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Have fun! =] Sounds AMAZING!!!!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 14, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Woman_reading_thumb

Just an FYI….I called the Park Plaza and they are informing people that there are no LeakyCon room rates available……:(

Posted by fidelia on May 14, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

everyone that’s going will have a blast!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 14, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
New_orleans_trip_628_thumb

oh im more excited then peeves with all the ickle firsties

Posted by peevespranker on May 14, 2009, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

At least I hope there will be enough video footage for us non-goers to catch a glimpse of the awesomeness that is LeakyCon.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 15, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator

"Congratulations, Harry!" she said, beaming at him. "I wonder if you could give me a quick word? How you felt facing that dragon? How you feel [i]now[/i], about the fairness of the scoring?"[br]"Yeah, you can have a word," said Harry savagely. [i]"Good-by