Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ok, so how Hermione is able to carry Dobby down to his grave-site after just being tortured by Bellatrix, I don’t know. Go movie people!

Posted by bookmonster79 on May 12, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I will be upset if Hermione’s torture scen isn’t in the film! That is such a big part and the driving force for Ron and Harry to get out of the dungeon!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 12, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I went off on this sort of thing several times in the comments regarding the possible insertion of Rita in the movie. Typical Kloves. Change everything and put Hermione center stage even when it makes no sense. I swear he has no respect for these books. I understand that movies and books will never – and can never – be the same. I’m totally fine with that. But Kloves makes changes that make no sense whatsoever and detract from the story. Ooh, he makes me mad!

Posted by DeliaDee on May 12, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

Oh…. ok! for the first time I really don’t wanna see the pictures….. weird.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on May 12, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

Oh…. ok! for the first time I really don’t wanna see the pictures….. weird.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on May 12, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator

Is that man with the curly hair and beard supposed to be Ron disguised as the death eater before they go to Gringotts?

Posted by nomisbrowning on May 12, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

I don’t like this

where’s Ron??

and why is Hermione there?? isn’t she suppose to be injured

please don’t ruin DH

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on May 12, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

cries I loved him.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on May 12, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

coolio, we got some good stuff today. omg can’t believe thats dobbies grave sooo sad.
and btw those guys saying wheres Ron? there is actually a picture of Ron/Rupert by the grave next to Hermione/Emma in the link in the update, but i do agree with peoples Hermiones comments, she’s meant to be unstable on her feet as she has just been tourtured. I don’t usually nit pick at the films because i understand it’s a different medium but come on Hermiones touture is a big part of the scene before shell cottage, oh well we will see the finshed scene in like 2 years hehe soooo….i just look forward to the rest of the filming ahhh we ciuld get some Bill tomorrow

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on May 12, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

not the way I pictured it either – looks pretty windy!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on May 12, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator

Aw! I am totally crying at that part. Rest in Peace, little guy.

Posted by KeroseneStar on May 12, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Are we allowed to post other sites on her? I found a photo of Ron with Hermione as she is carring Dobby’s body and they look really upset. There’s one where she is holding a Dobby model and Rupert and Dan are laughing.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 12, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

Ahhh! I’m going to cry during this part :(

Posted by felixfelicis11 on May 12, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Death_eater_thumb

I’m willing to bet this is a rehearsal; maybe so they can set the marks. I always pictured this scene at night however. Seriously though I’m glad they are including this scene, day or night. It’s the only part in any of the books that made me tear up a bit.

Posted by Max Power on May 12, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

What a sad picture…Dobby looks so much smaller than I imagined. Poor Dobby. :(

Posted by VeganMudblood on May 12, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator

"I don't mean to be rude --" he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.[br]"-- yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely. "Best to say nothing at all, my dear man."