Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ced_thumb

In Broad daylight? I ask you, what is the height of doing such a blisterious thing?

The scene is such a delicate one. I’m not sure I’m gonna hold myself up.

I just hope this really is rehearsal…

Posted by AatiMuoaS | SaouMitaA on May 12, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i’m hoping it is just a rehearsal, because this is supposed to be a harry moment, digging dobby’s grave and grieving.

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 12, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Someone commented that “we know this is in part 1” but I don’t think that we can assume this as Toby Jones has said he was going to be filming for both parts, so I would say this is definitely going to be in part 2.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 12, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

YAY! That means they’ll def include the Ron/Hermione Kiss!

Posted by joeys_mommy on May 12, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Poor dobby =( I don’t wanna watch him die, reading it was awful.

Posted by AbiDumbledore on May 12, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

Great pictures! Although for some odd reason, I always imagined the scene at night, or twilight …

Oh and there is a shot with Ruppert and Emma while Emma has dobby in here arms in the sheet going to the grave- so see Ruppert is there with them

Posted by mlc on May 12, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Matt_p_and_mj_thumb

I guess it doesn’t matter to me how the film portrays this event. The books are the book, the films are the films. I think they are both so wonderful because they are separate entities. However they show the death of Dobby doesn’t change the core event. Dobby dies. It will be terribly sad, no matter who is or is not at Harry’s side when it happens.

I guess I just can’t believe people are still up-in-arms about the fact that the moviemakers changes things. Haven’t we been over this for, I don’t know, 10 years? ;)

Posted by MJLeakyCon on May 12, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Somehow I imagined it either at sunset or sunrise… One of my all-time favourite scenes.

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on May 12, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I saw it differently as well, with Shell Cottage in the background, sun setting, Harry in his usual dark blue hoodie, by himself, near a big oak tree. But seeing it as they had it, different as it is, really gave life to it. I love the wind, Harry bent down and intent on his task, Hermione with him yet strangely apart. Wow. My heart skipped a beat from that very simple yet elegant photo.

Posted by ScottMan on May 12, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Exactly, it’s not healthy being so picky people! You’re going to have high blood pressure the rest of your life. Haha.
This is what ALL movies do. It would do you well to accept that the movies are not supposed to be the books put on screen, they are only supposed to be based on the books. The reason I fell in love with Harry Potter isn’t because of every insignificant detail to the scene, it’s about the heart and the emotions you feel when reading or watching a scene, and about making you think, changing you as a person.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on May 12, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I thought Hermione is supposed to be wounded from being tortured by Bellatrix?

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 12, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator

i really not sensing that theres a body inside that cloth! Atleast we DEFFO know that dobby is in this film. I mean we knew already but now we DEFFY know!

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on May 12, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Plus I imagined this taking place at night!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 12, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I’m getting sad already

Posted by Lysh on May 12, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator

"Harry Potter set Dobby free!"[br]"Least I could do, Dobby," said Harry, grinning. "Just promise never to try and save my life again."[br]The elf's ugly brown face split suddenly into a wide, toothy smile.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014