Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ginny_thumb

omg im soooo excited!! i cant wait

Posted by ginnywp WBM on May 12, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Where is Ron?

Hswand2_kopiex_thumb

sobs

Posted by grey_nightshirt on May 12, 2009, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Masterofmystery08_thumb

Don’t worry people. Ron will be included. Rupert is on the set as we could see by pics posted on other sites (ICM, Occlumencia). But as usual TLC ignores Rupert so…. shrugs

Posted by galadriel12 (ROAR) on May 12, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

Oh Dobby -
:-(

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on May 12, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Wonderful photos.

Posted by budgie on May 12, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
037_thumb

i will cry like a little baby. the next three movies are going to do me in

Posted by hopieg on May 12, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I was sobbing so much when Dobby died I had to put the book down. It was heart-breaking! I hope I can hold it together in the theater.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 12, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

Poor little dobby!! My imagination made it look different but i think this looks nice to and when they have added all the special effects it sure it will look awesome.

Posted by Horcruxalej on May 12, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I understand people get excited about these photographs. I do too. But not seeing a character in a photograph doesn’t mean he/she will not be in the actual movie scene.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 12, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Don_t_speak_thumb

I can’t wait to see this.. To me.. this was one of the most heartbreaking parts of the book.

Posted by srt2gryffndr on May 12, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

At least we know they are going to have Dobby in the movie.

Posted by Cool G on May 12, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator

All of this makes me really excited for Deathly Hallows, for a minuet I forgot that we haven’t seen Half-Blood Prince yet, lol. I don’t really mind Hermione being present for Dobby’s burial. I look at it as a nod to her workings with S.P.E.W.

Posted by gryffindorstudent2290 on May 12, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

>:| What is Hermione doing there? Now, if she were there and we saw Luna and Ron too, that’d be fine b/c they all do eventually gather around and Ron and Dean help Harry dig the grave. I’m kind of ticked.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on May 12, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

Poor Dobby… I am going to cry when I see this… Where is Ron?

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on May 12, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator

She had always refrained from criticizing the Dursleys in front of Harry, but her eyes flashed every time they were mentioned.