Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Cimg2812_thumb

aww..The look on Harry’s face is so sad.. I can’t wait till this comes out in theaters. I wonder if they’re going to make it a night scene when they edit the film.

Posted by ericaeeks on May 12, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
P2200066_thumb

oh, poor Dobby :(

Posted by lily11 on May 12, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

oh this make me so sad it made me cry bless dobby he was a good house elf now you are free RIP

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on May 12, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Wow, they’re really filming that right now! It still amazes me that the last movie is being made at this moment.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 12, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

I’m so excited for this, I cried so hard at this part during the book, and I know the movie will make me cry just as hard.
And don’t forget folks, they can do a lot of editing during post production, they may make it dusk, or they may not.The movie is NEVER going to be exactly the same as the book, as much as we all wish it were.

Posted by skiving snackboxes on May 12, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Blue-moon_thumb

Isn’t she suppose to be carried because of all that’s happened in MM?

Posted by shellscotie on May 12, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Hat_thumb

Are they not going to have Dean & Ron help him dig the grave?

Posted by gryffindorgal87 ~*RoAr!*~ on May 12, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Squee_thumb

I’m still wondering….shouldn’t this be a night shot? Just sayin’….

Posted by Kismatt on May 12, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awww!! the photos on the wales online website where sooooo nice! helena looks amazing as hermione/bellatrix hehe!!

Lust_thumb

no! Dobby…. wait why is Hermione there?

Posted by punkedup88 on May 12, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

It’s just so sad to see…

And what is ‘Harry’ wearing O.o

Posted by Niphai on May 12, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

oh- oh- oh- :,(
I’m going to lose it at this scene

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 12, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Hey everybody, how about some cheese with that whine???

Come on, it looks like a rehearsal,… or, if not, they are compacting a few interactions into a brisker scene. If they filmed everything exactly as written in the book it would be War and Peace for crying out loud — an 8 hour long mini series, not a two part film. It cannot possibly be exactly as in the books, I’m just grateful that they kept Dobby in at all, and that the scene is included. It revealed so much about Harry.

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on May 12, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

isnt it meant to be dusk in the book??

when i was reading DH i kept on saying oh no!! ….. just died!! and when i said oh no!!! dobby just died!! and my mum was like.. what!!!????!!!!!!
and my mum got a tear-ful phone call from my sister at 2am. she wasnt v happy. and she said 2 my sister, i kno, i kno!! bea told me!!

when i read DH i got to the part when dobby died and it was getting dark in the summer so there were beautiful lights and in my mind it was really similar…. but at the seaside.

RIP Dobby, the Free House-Elf

BTW re-reading Deathly Hallows and nearly at that part. boohooooooo!

12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Oh… Isn’t Hermione meant to be really hurt?

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 12, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator

"Well, there you are, boy. Platform nine -- platform ten. Your platform should be somewhere in the middle, but they don't seem to have built it yet, do they?"