Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

whats the opposite of squee? [sad face]

A153_thumb

Rupert is there, not in the picture, but he’s on set! He’s the guy with the curly hair and beard.

That picture is beautiful! I don’t mind that Hermione is included, it makes it more painful in a way, beside in the book she does join them during the burial, why can’t she be there now?

Posted by NightSky on May 12, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

That’s cute. Poor Dobby. And i do wish we would see some pictures of Rupert, and more of Evanna.

Posted by Salame on May 12, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

This is gonna be so sad to watch.

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on May 12, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Angrycat_thumb

This picture makes me sad. I need cute kitteh pictures STAT!

Posted by Neesee on May 12, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Crumbling_grandure_by_blackcat135_thumb

So sad :(

Posted by SuzyLee on May 12, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Rockstar_thumb

I won’t look at the picture in the link.. trying to preserve my own image of the scene till I MUST watch the movie :D

Posted by Lord_V on May 12, 2009, 10:42 AM report to moderator

Wow. That picture is so sad. Rest well Dobby.

Posted by jenbabe705 on May 12, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

This is going to be really sad.

I didn’t like Dobby at first but have grown to love him!

Was sad when he was killed :(

Posted by Prisoner Of Azkaban on May 12, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Believe-in-magic1_thumb

R.I.P Dobby ♥ but I agree that its definitely not how I imagined the scene at all…and I know I’ll awaken the haters, but man I really dont like Dan’s hair…I’ve never been bothered before by it but…

Posted by Miss_Mimz on May 12, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I cried when I read the bit where Dobby died right through to the burial, especially the way Luna spoke so movingly (they had better include that!) I think it will be fine if Hermione is involved, she in particular was in terrible danger when rescued by brave little Dobby, it makes sense for the film to have her take part in this. However I do hope that they are planning to keep the bit with Hermione being tortured by Bellatrix as it really builds up the sense of menace, if they miss that out they will be making a huge mistake.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 12, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Misc_005_thumb

I’m hoping that’s not the ACTUAL scene….because it’s suppose to be night when they bury dobby, and it’s suppose to be just harry at first, then ron and dean come to help and the rest of the group too. Hopefully they stay true to the book!

Posted by Gred84 on May 12, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

i cried in that chapter so much!! i’m looking forward to cry again!! :D

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on May 12, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
N618926188_4334_thumb

RIP dobby

Posted by herminjet on May 12, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Photo_4_thumb

i think that will be the part of the movie where everyone in the audience starts crying im glad they are not cutting it out though

Posted by bookworm1102 on May 12, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator

"Shouldn'ta lost me temper," he said ruefully, "but it didn't work anyway. Meant ter turn [Dudley] into a pig, but I suppose he was so much like a pig anyway there wasn't much left ter do."