Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Slyth2_thumb

Awwww….. that is going to be the saddest moment ever!!

Slytherin FTC!

Posted by NoeLover42 on May 13, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Ruin_thumb

How funny that ‘Belatrix’ is taking snaps of Dan and Rupert with her little pink digital camera (photo 7 in the TLC galleries). Even she’s a fan gurl!

Posted by nundu on May 13, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

This is sad!! I’m sure it’s going to so much more dramatic once they add in all the special effects! I can’t believe they’re FILMING THIS!!!!!!

Posted by cghambright on May 13, 2009, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

This is such a beautiful location!! I bet they LOVE filming there!! It looks so peaceful! :D

Posted by cghambright on May 13, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

OMG!! THe picture of the crew member holding Dobby is sooooo Depressing!!!! It gives me chills!!

Posted by cghambright on May 13, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Wilson_and_me_thumb

Dobby will be missed. I wish they would’ve put him in some of the other films, not just CoS. He was one of my favorite characters from the books. RIP

Posted by mcleod27 -IFC- on May 13, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Herbert_thumb

Even though someone should have consulted a geologist before deciding to dig a grave on a dune, I’m very glad that they’re including this scene! So sad yes necessary.

Posted by Dr. LEW on May 13, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

Ninth picture in that album — is Rupert sporting a bit of stubble?!

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on May 13, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
B100feeling_thumb

I started tearing up while looking at the picture because I know how sad that scene will be:( poor Dobby….

Posted by hermione467 on May 13, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

guys its only rehearsal
it dosen’t mean this is wat we are gonna see
so chill

Posted by blackhair on May 14, 2009, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-poa_thumb

Heartless_wench brings up excellent points, and I agree with him/her wholeheartedlly. Besides, if you look in the galleries, you will find pictures of Rupert with Emma who is holding Dobby. Plus I don’t mind if Hermione ends up carrying Dobby; I believe that it will be an excellent nod to Hermione and SPEW.

Posted by Peacemaker92 on May 14, 2009, 07:42 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I am loving all these new photos. I am glad they are making sure to include that Harry dug Dobby’s grave.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on May 14, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

RayBan do really well for Emma!

Posted by Pollytomat on May 15, 2009, 02:52 AM report to moderator
Rainbow_nargles__thumb

I am going to cry during that scene. :’(

And then my brother is going to laugh at me…

Posted by ~✿FLoWeR✿~ on July 22, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Snapshot_20100907_6_thumb

This isn’t at all how I pictured the scene going, but I’m sure they’ll make it all fit!

Posted by GryffindorGrace*ROAR on September 21, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

"How would it be," she asked them coldly as they left the classroom for break, "if I refused to lend you my notes this year?"[br]"We'd fail our O.W.L.s," said Ron. "If you want that on your conscience, Hermione..."[br]"Well, you'd deserve it," she snapped

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014