Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf: Photos from Shell Cottage Day Two Filming

DH Film
May 12, 2009, 10:11 AM

Heartbreaking and beautiful: Here Lies Dobby, A Free Elf... photo from Wales Online showing Harry (Dan Radcliffe) digging the grave, while Hermione holds a small shrouded body in her arms. The Daily Mail also has this photo of a grief stricken Hermione (Emma Watson) cradling Dobby. You can see more here in our galleries, including a Trio photo, with Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. Thanks to TLC reader Victoria we can see two new photos, one of Rupert Grint, and another of Emma Watson Update 2: Thanks to Thiego for letting us know about this dramatic rehearsal photo with Toby Jones as Dobby and Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and this with the Trio, Toby Jones and Warwick Davis as Griphook plus director David Yates.You can see some great high res photos here courtesy of Oclumencia.

Update: Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net for letting us know that several press agencies are now carrying pics from today, which you can see here from ISFA.com

Day Two of Shell Cottage location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues on Freshwater Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Thanks, Wendy and to SugarSlam for the set photos.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatarhghbp_thumb

That should have read they can’t see inside each of our heads and use our imaginations!

Posted by mouse68 on May 13, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

I think I need to stop looking at these photos of filming because it is quenching my thirst for HBP, but once that is over how am I supposed to survive the wait for DH 1?

Posted by KimmyZ on May 13, 2009, 02:49 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

I cried sooooo much when I read this. I know I’m going to cry in the film :*(

R.I.P Dobby.

Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Oh Dobby… :(

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on May 13, 2009, 03:32 AM report to moderator

The pictures make me sooo sad, I almost cried when I saw them for the first time!! I won’t be able to make it trough that scene without crying. . . I’ll have to get myself some tissues. . . The scene is just soooo sad! :(

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on May 13, 2009, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Aww thes photos are heart breaking.

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on May 13, 2009, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Aww thes photos are heart breaking.

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on May 13, 2009, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

So sad, even if I am not a fan of Dobby!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on May 13, 2009, 06:14 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Same comment as many; not how I pictured it. But don’t forget all, these are just photos. Lets not forget about the magic created in the computer/graphic areas of film developing. We’re a long way away from seeing what it will really look like on the screen.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on May 13, 2009, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

This scene will be perfect no matter what as long as they include ’Harry… Potter…"

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on May 13, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

wasn’t it night time when all this happened? thats at least how i always had it in my head.

Posted by splinch on May 13, 2009, 06:52 AM report to moderator
020-1-1_thumb

ugh…I wish I was there…

Posted by Caolifhionn on May 13, 2009, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

mollywobble,

Oh! Ok! I see. I thought heartless_wench was saying something like “guys! chill out! This is only 1/800 of a second of the movie”. Now everything in my life makes sense again! Thanks!!
Sorry heartless_wench. Turns out I was kind of wrong. =9

And yes. I’m torn between being spoiled or not. But this will be the last chance we will have of seeing production shots. After that, it’s over. So I think I prefer to see and be slightly spoiled, but talk about it with everybody. Enjoy this last movie as much as one can.

Posted by Thio on May 13, 2009, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

nice, I see that they have gotten the close ups of the beautiful emma watson, and is it just me or does ron look a bit older here (a little ’stache and all)

Posted by boona on May 13, 2009, 07:39 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

I’m sure it will all be good

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 13, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator

"And I answer myself, perhaps they believed a still greater power could exist, one that could vanquish even Lord Voldemort... perhaps they now pay allegiance to another... perhaps that champion of commoners, of Mudbloods and Muggles, Albus Dumbledore?"