Potter Puppet Pals Performing at LeakyCon!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 11, 2009, 06:34 PM

We told you we weren't done! We're yet again thrilled to make a big LeakyCon announcement: Potter Puppet Pals, the geniuses behind The Mysterious Ticking Noise and other YouTube sensations, have been added to the Friday Night wizard rock show at LeakyCon 2009 (which again, is free with registration as is an unbelievable host of other events). Shows by the puppets are incredibly rare, making yet another special event for LeakyCon 2009.

Furthermore, the puppets will be on PotterCast LIVE this week, Thursday at 6:30 p.m. eastern in our Ustream channel! More to follow!

And now a bunch of helpful info!

LeakyCon is May 21-24 in Boston, MA, and we are almost out of tickets. You can register here before we are forced to close it.

Keynotes

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register. (Remember to ADD YOUR QUESTION HERE, even if you are not going to the conference.)

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here. Schedule of Events:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

Leakycon is just sounding better and betting i really wish i could go!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on May 12, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

That is a really catchy soundtrack!

Posted by budgie on May 12, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

SO jealous !

Matt_p_and_mj_thumb

To all you people who are upset about the fact that you can’t attend LeakyCon 2009:

START SAVING NOW! This week, and every week from here until LeakyCon 2011, save $10. Grab an envelope, a tube sock, a piggy bank…stuff it in your pillowcase or under your mattress, JUST SAVE IT. If you save just $10/week from now until July 2011, you’ll have over $1000 US. That will pay for your registration and probably a good portion of your flight (if not the whole thing).

Plan ahead. Plan accordingly. $10/wk will get you to Orlando!! Start saving this week, and experience the fun IRL next time around! :)

Posted by MJLeakyCon on May 12, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

jealous…. oh so jealous of everyone going :(

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on May 12, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator

That is so awesome! Except that it makes me MORE sad I can’t go! It sounds like a blast! Give all the details to the ones left behind, kay?!

Posted by KeroseneStar on May 12, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Bottlenose_dolphin_thumb

I love the ppps! I’m so jealous of everyone going!

Posted by D☺lphin♀500 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ on May 12, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

DRAT!!!!!! I’m Moving back home to Boston……..On June 1!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I never get to have any fun :-(

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 12, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

This is not cool….. I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!
=( =( =(=(=(

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on May 12, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I just realized I can’t go anyway because of stupid school… sigh

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on May 12, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

WHOOHOO! Lucky peeps who are going!

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 12, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

i love the PPP!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on May 12, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Img_7836_thumb

oh yay!! thats so exciting! CANT WAIT.

Posted by kira902k on May 12, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Queensguest_thumb

I wonder if they will be performing the musical that is up on You Tube? I hope that they sell videos of the event(s), for those of us that are missing out on the awesomeness. That money can go to cover the cost of printing the dvd and the rest to the HP Alliance. I would be first in line for that!

Posted by BuffyXO {WBM} on May 12, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Queensguest_thumb

I wonder if Niel will give us something new or an update to the musical that he did at a college a while ago. It is events like these that make me hope that they sell dvds of the convention. I would be very interested in getting one of those.

Posted by BuffyXO {WBM} on May 12, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator

"Well -- I was lucky once, wasn't I?" said Harry, pointing at his scar. "I might get lucky again."