Helena Bonham Carter to Film as Bellatrix for Shell Cottage Scenes (Updated)

DH Film
May 11, 2009, 06:50 AM

*Update: The Western Telegraph has a small photo from the set today, and noted that Dan Radcliffe, Helena Bonham Carter and Evanna Lynch all signed autographs and shirts. TLC has a full report and pics coming very soon, stay tuned!

Yesterday we first told you various cast members had arrived for location filming on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Another cast member has now arrived, Helena Bonham Carter who will be filming her role as Bellatrix Lestrange. Readers will recall of course the dramatic encounter she has with Dobby at the end of Malfoy Manor before they apparate to Shell Cottage, and Hermione does later transform as Bellatrix for the trip to Gringotts. Wales Online reports that Helena made a stop to fill up her car before traveling onward to Pembrokeshire, where as we know, filming is now underway at Freshwater Beach in Wales. TLC has crews in the area, and we will be posting photos shortly, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Few of the actors/actresses in the movies were as destined for their roles as Helena was for Bellatrix! Hopefully photos of her in this role begin to surface on the interwebz soon.

Posted by Kirk on May 11, 2009, 09:43 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Helena Bonham Carter will be great as always. These DH filming stories are sooooo exciting!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 11, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

YAY!! Helena Bonham Carter is amazing!! LOVE HER!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 11, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator

Did anyone else find it funny that it was essentially an article about someone going to a service station? Not that it wasn’t cool to know she was on her way to filming :D

Posted by billywig_99 on May 11, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

closer and closer

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on May 11, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

First I thought, wait, Bellatrix doesn’t come to Shell Cottage. Then I remembered Hermione’s transformation. This is so exciting!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 11, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

SO COOL!! I wonder if they’re going to have Emma’s voice coming out or if they’re just going to get her to play a more toned-down, NICE version of Bellatrix like in the book. Either way, I’m sure it will be awesome! I can’t believe they’re already filming the Shell Cottage scenes!!

Posted by cghambright on May 11, 2009, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

At first I thought Shell Cottage? Bellatrix was never there. Then I knew it was Hermione transforming into Bellatrix. This is exciting news.

Posted by Cool G on May 11, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
A153_thumb

This is awesome! I had forgotten that Hermione turns into Bellatrix. I can’t wait for those pictures!

Posted by NightSky on May 11, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator

Am SO happy they are filming this scene too.
And yes!! hopefully they will show her a little as Hermione being Bellatrix,
before they leave that would be fantastic!!!and make her even more believable as Bellatrix.
Looking forward to the photos ,thanks TLC!!!

Posted by Jeannine on May 11, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator

And believable for Hermione being Bellatrix……too

Posted by Jeannine on May 11, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

Lovely!

Posted by Lady of the Lake on May 11, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Whew! That headline scared me for a moment (I make it no secret how I feel about putting in unnecessary crap and taking out important stuff). I forgot for a second about polyjuiced Hermione. That’s going to be so cool. We know Olivander is in the movie. All we have left to hope for in those scenes is Fleur and Dean now. I’ll cross all of my fingers and toes.

Posted by DeliaDee on May 11, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Go Helena!

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on May 11, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I’m so excited for the movies!

Posted by *Rachael* on May 11, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator

"Dobby will have to punish himself most grievously for coming to see you, sir. Dobby will have to shut his ears in the oven door for this. If they ever knew, sir --"